Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New York Cares

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
is Manager of Annual Events at New York Cares, a non-profit organization that runs coat drives in the winter, Secret-Santa collections for the poor kids in the City, Spring clean-ups in the parks and the annual New York Cares Day, during which thousands of volunteers fix up the City's schools. That's on October 18th, and if any local Wetheads would like to join the Holohan clan and have some laughs while helping some kids, we'd sure welcome you.

In June, the New York Cares Literacy/Adult Education Program began sending an all-female team of volunteers to facilitate and participate in a book club with the women living at the American Red Cross Emergency Family Center, a transitional homeless shelter for mothers and their children. The volunteers and clients read books, which have been selected by the participants, in a literature circle format and discuss the themes, issues, and content addressed in the books.

The book club relies on donations of the selected books from corporations and individuals, and they have been running a book drive since May. While some donations have trickled in, they are far from our goal of 20 copies of each title. They only have enough books to last through the end of this month. If they don't get more donations, this very successful and enriching project will be canceled.

So Meg asked me to help, which I did because it's easy. I just followed this link to Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry/394MMFK8TAU4V/ref%3Dcm%5Fwlinvite%5Femail%5Fwl/002-8737861-4405665

And I ordered a few books from their Wish List. The books go directly to New York Cares and the bill goes to me. It's a small thing, but it brings hope to people who are less fortunate that we are.

If you'd like to help them reach their very modest goal this month, just cut and paste and click.

A nice July 4th present to some people who are trying their best to change their lives. Thanks.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    Options

Your family is truely one going after Gods heart. May he continue to richly bless.
This discussion has been closed.