Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Telestats and Zone Valves

Options
hydronicsmike
hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
...the different manufacturers Zone Valves or Telestats VA draw. Can you guys help me?

Thanks.

Mike

Comments

• Art Pittaway
    Art Pittaway Member Posts: 230
    Options
    Erie zone valves

are on the web at...http://www.invensysibs.com/erie.shtml click on the blue "Product Info" button and the General Instruction and Installation sheets are in PDF format so you can have more info than you want and print it out. If you can't get to it, e-mail me and I'll find a way to get what you need.
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    The answer is...

For our V8043E series, it is 7.7 VA. I don't recommend more than 4 per 40 VA transformer. Check out http://hbctechlit.honeywell.com for more info.
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    Weil McClain

WM had a great little book on wiring diagrams for their boilers that showed the VA and flow rating of all common valves. Worth the price Called " Boiler zone wiring guide"
  • hydronicsmike
    Options
    Thanks. Does anybody...

...have some info on Telestats?
  • Bob Knebel
    Bob Knebel Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Telestat Power Draw

I believe the current / power draw for the little German "helmet head" heat motor telestat operators like those available from Roth, Wirsbo, Danfoss, etc. is listed at 70mA or 2 watts. They draw more on start up (maybe 6 to 7 watts) and then taper off. We usually figure on 6 to 7 telestats per 40 VA transformer to allow full power draw if they all open at the same time after a power failure. Probably could run more but it's best to be conservative. Great, reliable, simple, low power draw little units! For the renewable energy jobs they can also be run with 24 volts DC since they are basically little electric resistance heaters. I think the other heat motor operators like Honeywell Braukmann have similar power draws.
  • BillW@honeywell
    Options
    Brain freeze...

I forgot to include the Sparco units..The SparcoZone valves draw 0.25 amps.
  • hydronicsmike
    Options
    Thanks Bill

I got the information on those. Your web site is really nicely layed out and I never had any difficulties finding what I am looking for on there.

Mike

PS.: are you going to be at wetstock?
  • hydronicsmike
    Options
    Thanks Bob,

your help is very much appreciated.
  • BillW@honeywell
    Options
    Wetstock III

Sorry, I won't be there, but my colleague Carol Fey (of Quick & Basic book fame) will be. I was part of Wetstock I, and it was a fantastic experience. Wish I could be there.
    Thanks for the kind words about the website!
This discussion has been closed.