Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pipe insulation

Options
Bill NTSG
Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
I keep hearing stories at work about 1" pipe insulation . Is it true that the only factory that makes it burned to the ground and now the fiberglass pipe insulation is more precious than gold? I have not heard or seen anything on the news, just wondering if others have had trouble buying it ?

Comments

• Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Johns Manville

lost their main production plant and it may take two years to get it back on line. They were producing around 70% of the insulation for the construction industry.

This is the information my company has received by a number of insulating contractors. They are saying that stock is already becoming scarce and it could be a huge problem in a short time.

So far it looks like the shortages will be in the larger sizes that affect HVAC work more than plumbing.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,206
    Options
    Consider

www.techlite.net I like their product better than fiberglass. They will supply about any size, wall thickness, and jacket material. Quick shipment, even on small orders.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Interesting looking

insulation, H R. Our problem is that 95% of our work here in Ma. is plan and spec, filed sub-bid with "listed" sub-sub's. I'm not sure we could substitute this product but I am going to pass the site on to one of our insulators for his review and comment.

Thanks,

Jack
This discussion has been closed.