Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

peerless

Options
installed one in his own home . It runs very quiet with the Riello BF5 burner . The vent itself has to stick out from the house at least 12 inches . I wonder if they make the vent in longer sections if you have a wide foundation to go through . He had some intermittent problems with the post purge control , so I helped him remove it till they come out with a version thats fail safe . We installed the WBV boiler in hundreds of homes , without problems .

Comments

• Dave Palmer_3
    Dave Palmer_3 Member Posts: 388
    Options
    Peerless wv-dv

has any one used the new Peerless WV-DV direct vent oil boiler? I'm looking to install 8 direct vent boilers with tankless heaters. New duplex's with no chimneys, and no room for in budget for hot water makers.Thanks Dave Palmer
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    is riello still...

having problems w/ that post purge!I can't belive it... If it were me I use the Carlin EZ/P-10 burner.Much more reliable...kpc
  • Dave Palmer_3
    Options
    thanks

for the info,my other choice is the Beckett AFII which I'm not too fond of. I'm a big Weil -McLain guy but I can't see using a power-venter if I don't have too.Not happy using tankless either but the customer wants it.I'll pipe them so I can add a maker later if needed. thanks Dave Palmer
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    I was told

that the company that was making the control for Buderus went under.

They are looking for another company now.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • We had a discussion

over at Oil Tech Talk about the post purge problem with the control . Jeff Mace of Riello said there will be an official replacement control in the weeks to come . I am also not too fond of the AFII , I worked on a handful and I had the damndest time just changing a nozzle . I like this Peerless setup because you dont need power for the direct vent and no fan noise from a power venter , and no parts to break down in the worst time . I listened to my buddys boiler run for a while and it is very much quieter than my own boiler , a WBV3 with an F5 .
  • Dave Palmer_3
    Options
    I wonder...

why Carlin isn't a option?
  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 237
    Options
    It should be.

I don't know about your particular application but a Trianco DMAX (now made by Laars) could use an EZ-1HP with a Carlin air intake kit that connected to the 4" intake tube.
This discussion has been closed.