Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Take your teacher to work day

Options
J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
Had the pleasure of spending the day with Timmie McElwain , yet again today. Today, he was on both sides of the podium. A quick (2 hour) class in the shop on thermocouples, then out to the job site to erect and begin piping a Viessman OIL(gasp!) boiler.I warned him of the dangers, but he wanted to go anyway.

We spent the rest of the morning setting the boiler on the base and leveling the beast. Then the fun began. I've done a few fire ups of these fine machines to date, but hadn't had the pleasure of "starting from scratch" .All went extremely smooth , thanks to the finely written directions and a few pictures !(some things just can't be explained like a photo can show .

I also got to "teach the teacher " . He had heard of and talked to others about the Rigid Pro Press tool and process. Running out of time in the day, I figured I just had to show him the ease and quickness of this fine product. I believe he was quite impressed with both.

As usual, I walked away with yet another fine day of education. Thanks for stopping by Tim, both Scott and I appreciated it , and I have to say, for 2 old guys, we did a hell of a days work. Chris

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    old dogs

and young pups, all learned a bit yesterday. Allthought I will say we were on the recieving end more than Tim.

Thanks Tim, It was a great day and the guys got to see alittle bit of why Chris a I both think so highly of you.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Just got back

had to take the lovely Judy to the Malls before we left the Manchester area.

I have to say it was a great pleasure spending the day with the fine folks from Milne Plumbing. As is always the way it goes I had something to teach and surely learned some things also.

It was great spending the work day with Chris, and yes a gas man will sometimes even work on something that will burn oil. Chris is a very talented guy and a pleasure to be with. I will certainly go back to see the job finished.

I must also say for those who are up our way take some time and stop by Cape Ann and in particular Manchester-by-the-Sea it is a beautiful spot. Thanks Scott for the tour and a wonderful dinner with you and your wife. You as you keep saying are a very lucky man.

So who wants me next I am available for a day to work with you do a little training just get in touch. As my schedule permits I will come and spend a day.
  • paul lessard_2
    paul lessard_2 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Tim I would be honored to spend a day in a basement w/you

how about replacing a smith 24 hy-test 10 section with a munchkin?
    the job can be done anytime,existing boiler removed after the fact by others :-0
    we can prep the job for same day firing,I know you like that part .
    this is a beautiful old house what do you say?
  • Dave Palmer_3
    Dave Palmer_3 Member Posts: 388
    Options
    how

about a day in lovely South Providence Tim? I'm sure it would bring back memories. Dave
  • Paul give me a call

401-437-0557, or my cell phone is 401-580-2149.
  • South Providence

isn't that part of the Renaissance City. Dave give me a call we are so close it would be easy to hookup for a day.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Timmie,

I had the pleasure of meeting Dave at the Burnham Revoloution seminar at the training institute. He is a fine "subject" for your endevour into the field. He spoke of lots of interesting installs , and a few of the more mundane, yet exciting things that he has done.

If he's in the backyard, I wouldn't hesitate! (be warned.....He's an oil man too!).

Thanks again for a fine and fun day of learning. Again, both Scott and I appreciated it . Chris
  • If I keep hanging

out with Oil men Judy will not let me in the house. It took her years to get used to the smell of odorant. Oil is not in her acceptable senses yet.
This discussion has been closed.