Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

code ?

Options
Bob Bona_4
Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
I'm looking thru BOCA and NFPA for a passage that sets parameters for conditoned space requirements with no luck. Reason for asking is that a client has decreed that his basement is "occupiable" with two registers cut into the ductwork that serves the first and second floor. This basement is uninsulated, the first floor is insulated from the basement only under the kitchen nook. Technically unconditioned space in my eyes. The area is used for storage/workshop. TIA!

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    check the Interntl....

building code for 1 and 2 family houses. Is there a way of egress? What is it to be used for other than a shop? kpc
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    ah, egress.

good thought Kevin. They have a door that goes to stairs to the outside. I'll have to see if more than one egress path is required. This is a typical cape with mostly junk filling up the majority of the space with a little homeowner workshop on one end. Talking about 1000 sq. ft +/-.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • murph'_3
    murph'_3 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    egress also

may mean a window of a certain square footage, with a landing outside for exit!! come across something on a finished basement to which they wanted to count as a bedroom for appraised purposes, non opening would not count!!

Murph'
This discussion has been closed.