Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dan-Foss KVS ?

Options
Here's just one more simple example of why people have nothing but great things to say about this guy. He's the genuine article. Let me know if you ever get back to Wisconsin. Maybe we could have lunch with Dennis "the driver" Wood.

Greg

Comments

• Richard D.
    Richard D. Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Danfoss KVS -5 Sensor?

Hello, I found this Danfoss valve the other day @ a cust. house..Danfoss says they have no such valve! It calls itself a T stat and has a remote sensor non electric in a well @ the end of a 3/4 " manifold.3 zone valves ,1 tempering loop w/a flo check..Radiant system,,I am no artist!!!Is there another valve by sone1 else?or should I pipe in a 3way valve???Something doesn't look right to me but fairly new to radiant!Age of system??5 to 10Y/O ? I had the body PN nad still no help on their site either..Thanks for your time Richard
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,539
    Options
    Retired and loving it.
  • Richard D.
    Options
    Fast service!!

Thanks Dan I'll check the site out..Love trying to figure out other peoples ideas..Richard
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    Danfoss Kvs-5

Chances are the valve is a 2 way VMT series with a RAVV self contained actuator. It is often used as a injection valve...as per your application but with a correct installation.

The Kv is the Euro equivalent to Cv.

The PN is the pressure rating in bars. 1 bar = 14.7 psi.

Contact Danfoss Calgary for schematics, Dave Heath, Todd Skuce or Brian Wheeldon at 403-236-9569.

rb

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,539
    Options
    I say

Bring Back The Bean!!!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Richard D.
    Options
    Thankyou all

for your help!!They say you get a new wrinkle in your brain for everything you learn,well more wrinkles on the brain and face after this one ...Will be calling Danfoss Monday...Richard
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    I'll take you up on that offer...

Lunch with you and D would be grand!

rb
  • Bill_17
    Bill_17 Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Valve with KV5

Robert's right (again), you've got a 2-way injection style application with a VMT series (part #065B8961) valve. If you need the RAVV control, there are a few different temperature ranges available, check the dial for the range shown in Celsius. Thanks again Robert!
    Bill
  • Richard D.
    Options
    Thankyou again

for all the info.! " Celsius "you say!!!!!.Now I have to learn that.!!!!Bummer.LOL The wall is a !!!LIFE saver
    Hopeto return the favor....Rich
This discussion has been closed.