Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

28 years

Options
BillW@honeywell
BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
My wife & I just passed the 30th milestone. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have found her. Congratulations, and many more...enjoy the grandkids while you can still keep up to them!

Comments

• Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    28 YEARS!!!

I can't believe it. 28 years Miss Kathy Jean has been waking up next to me. 28 years she's been the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I think about each night. I STILL can't believe she said yes! About all I can remember about our wedding day is that August 1, 1975 was the hottest day of the summer, the sweat running off the end of her nose as we said our vows and that my tux smelled like something out of a gym bag when I took it off.

We've stuck it out through all those "for better or worse" times that you never think you'll have to go through and come out stronger and more deeply in love because of it.
    I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. She's the best for me.

Sorry to get all mushy on you but I'm still pretty tickled about the whole deal.
  • Chris_4
    Chris_4 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!!!

Steve, happy 28th!!!

hope there are many more to come!

Chris
  • Unknown
    Options
    Congratulations!!

25 for us. Grandkids, yet?
  • David Sutton_3
    David Sutton_3 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Great !!!!

Congradulations to you and your wife. may you have many more!
  • Steve Ebels
    Options
    Yep

Got 2 and another one due Sunday! They are a blast to say the least.
  • murph'_3
    murph'_3 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    congrats Steve .......

Let her know we're all getting mushy with ya !!

Murph'
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
  • John Ruhnke1
    John Ruhnke1 Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Congatulations!

Steve,

Congratulations, Its good to see a maraige still going strong after all those years. Kim and I are coming upon our 10 year anaversery this year Sept 4th.

JR

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,539
    Options
    Pretty unusual

nowadays. Well done, both of you!

Must be the jerkey. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Congrats Steve

My wife and I just made it to 20. Can't believe we've been together so long. Good Luck on the next 28. WW

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    A real success story...

not too many can tell these days... may you enjoy the rest of your life together...

My wife and I have been together for 22 years...She is my best friend! It has been great. We started out in a little 400 square foot apt...1 black and white TV, no stove, no nothing,just dreams. Fresh in my career, I said have faith and everything will fall in place and we can do this...and we did. The greatest thing about all we have, we did it all together. I thank that man upstairs, for when those days got difficult (many of them) and we wouldn't hold hands, he would take my hand and he would take her hand and walk with us! Because when we took our vows, we asked him for guidance, and we asked him to help us in the diffucult times that were sure to come our way...actually, we asked him for quite a bit that day :) Don't mean to offend anyone here...just giving credit where credit is due..

Bud
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Congratulations

Mr. and Mrs. Ebels. It just keeps getting better.

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,219
    Options
    Here's to

Mr. and Mrs. Ebels. My ice tea toast for ya :) Keep up the good work!

hot rod

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

Better/worse. Sick/healthy. "Rich"/"Poor".

WONDERFUL that you still find it amazing that she said, "Yes."

'tis what it's all about...

Best regards and wishes for 28 more!
  • kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Congratulations/funny story

I heard an amusing story on the radio from a master story teller doing a marriage seminar. It seems a fella had one of those weeks like you've all had, It started on Monday, and got progressively worse each day. By Friday night, he couldn't wait to get home, relax and do nothing. The traffic was awful too, but he finally gets there.

His wife meets him at the door all dolled up and says, "You forgot, didn't you?" They had a dinner date with another couple and had already cancelled twice- he had to go. So he tells her to get the car out of the garage and he'll shower quick and meet her outside.

As he runs out the door a few minutes later, he sees his wife standing outside the running car with a forlorn look. She had locked the keys in it. That was the last straw. He exploded and really let her have it. He finished his tirade by saying, "I don't know how anybody so beautiful could be so stupid!"

Immediately he felt awful , but it was too late, he had dumped a whole week's worth of frustration on her in a matter of seconds.
    However, she being a creature of infinite patience and wisdom; quietly and lovingly she said, "Well honey, I just believe it's of the Lord." Tremendously humbled by her gentle and forgiving spirit he asked, "What do you mean?" "Well, I just believe God made me beautiful so you could love me... and he made me stupid so I could love YOU!" (after the live audience quit laughing, he joked, "I can't believe she said that to me.)

Your respect and love for your wife comes through on your post. It makes me think of one of those "ozarks style" wall plaques I saw once. "If a man has enough horse sense to treat his wife like a thorobred; she never will become an old nag!

Congratulations on 28 years! Just remember that living with us guys isn't always easy, and it's kinda like "dog years" for the ladies. Twenty eight for you... multiply by seven for Miss Kathy Jean... you do the math:-)
    Have a great anniversary, and here's to the next 28! Kevin

• steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    Options
    wonderful

Well done oh good and faithful servant...

Mushy is o.k. and real men cry.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,219
    Options
    congrats!

As my bride is fond of saying, each year seems like a hundred - happy 2,800'th(G)!

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Congrats, Steve!

A hearty Mazeltov to you and your beloved!
    Paul

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Great, but where do you celebrate?

Congrats to you two -- I, too keep falling in love with my wife (of over 11 years) every morning I wake up.

But one question Steve, up in tiny little Falmouth, where do you go for the anniverary dinner -- the truck stop?

Just kidding my friend!
  • Steve Ebels
    Options
    I'd tell you but then.....

I'd have to ..... well, you know, make you unavailable to the general public.

BTW Just went to see grandchild #3 born this morning @10:47 AM. 8#2oz. Her name is Maggie Jean. YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!!

See if I can post some pics tonight
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Great news Bro

as Dan said unusual today - too many quitters...have a great day Mad Dog

• Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    I am proud of you.

As my lovely wife and I head towards our 7th it is a blessing to hear from people like you. With so many choosing a different path these days it encourages me to hear from people like you and the others on this thread.

To those who have faced different circumstances let me assure you there is no condemnation in my heart towards you. I simply wish to say I am sorry and I wish you the best.
  • kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Sorry

Sadly, though it takes two to make it work well, one can pull the plug all by him or herself. I know many people, guys and gals who seem like very decent folk, but their spouses jumped ship. My heartfelt "sorry" to any of you in that position.

This discussion has been closed.