Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

monoflow \"t\" system

Options
Mark Berry
Mark Berry Member Posts: 15
I am working on an older system with a one inch monoflow loop. The house was added on to and the basboard had to be moved. The G.C. roughed the runs in with wirsbo pex. The following alterations had to be done, One room upstairs needed 6 more feet, first floor office needed 8 feet, and new first floor bedroom has 15 feet. I tied into the existing piping for the upstairs room and the office. I cut in a monoflow "t" and a standard "t" about 5 feet apart for the new first floor bedroom. I soldered on pex adapters to the "t's" and hooked the pex directly to them. When I ran the system the upstairs bedroom heated but the downstairs rooms did not get hot.
When I installed the baseboard I put Hi vents on one end. I have water in the pipes but it will not circulate. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Check this out.

http://www.heatinghelp.com/heating_howcome3.cfm

Q: Does this mean the length of the run to the radiator is important?
    A: It's very important. I remember seeing a job where an installer connected nearly 200 feet of baseboard radiation to a single diverter tee off a one-pipe supply main.

He couldn't understand why the baseboard wouldn't get hot. He was missing the key point - there was very little, if any, water flowing through the baseboard. And where there is no flow, there can be no heat
  • Mark Berry
    Mark Berry Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Baseboard size

Each piece of baseboard is on it's own set of t's. The pex is only hot at or near the 't'. The pex does not run straight, it has some hi and low spots as it runs across the floor joists, will this prevent flow? One half of the second floor baseboard is in pex and that is heating fine??
This discussion has been closed.