Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Meeker Mansion Boiler Day 8-12

Options
Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
It's been a long 2 weeks with the passing of my father and a major project to complete. I didn't feel I had much time to consider the future (or the pasture) but picked up the wrenches and plunged into the Meeker boiler installation. It was just what the doctor ordered. Jeff and I completed the mechanical room and near-boiler piping in 3 days. We're awaiting the refurbished antique radiators, which are being powder coated, and due in 2 weeks. In the meantime, the system uses (2) Viessmann Vitogas 100-29 boilers, staged with a lead-lag control and Vitotronic 100 limit & 200 computer. The radiators are piped off a 11/2" Viessmann 4way mixing valve and motor actuator. Calleffi air seperator, Grundfoss 26-99 pump and Danfoss AVDO pressure bypass differential. We'll insulate at the very end of the project. Before the heat overcame us, we installed one of two Buderus "Soldoflux" wall panel rads. We donated and installed the new insulated ceiling, light fixture and several of the restored radiators. Since we're filming the installation, as well as an overview of the Meeker's history, there will always be a chance to relive these moments.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Looks great Paul

As usual. Plain old, get your hands dirty type work is great therapy during times of stress and difficulty. At least I find it relaxing to dive into it and change my focus from time to time.

On another note.... How are you balancing the flow so both boilers are seeing the same GPM through them? It looks like they are not piped reverse return or perfect parallel. Just curious.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    The Headers

are 11/2" with either boiler entering the header at 11/4". It's not exactly reverse return, and neither boiler has a P1 pump...I'll post the schematic tomorrow.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Paul

What a cool job. You get my blood pumping with all this talk :).

I thought I had you as I did not see the Calleffi low loss header, BUT then I checked and you are using thier air seperater. Would'nt their header system work well on this job ?

Buderus, Viessmann, Danfoss ... I feek like Bevis and Butthead. Huh, huh, huh, .... he said Danfoss.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.