Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

steel boiler/turbulators

Options
John Ruhnke1
John Ruhnke1 Member Posts: 154
Try www.fuelefficiencyllc.com Thats Fuel Efficiency LLC they make Brock Turbulators. Jim Davis recommended them to me. He has installed them with good results. He says they can save around 15-20% in fuel bills plus reduce wear and tear on the boiler.

JR

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=96&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    thermodynamics baffles

Hi Guys, I installed a boiler in my parents home(in another state) about 12 yrs. ago. I was new to the trade and did not know any better so i installed a TD -LM (low mass steel boiler) into this system- a gravity hot water system, not the best choice. I did put in a full system bypass (1 1/4"). And opened the supply out to the system only partly, to mimmic the flow. The circ. is on the supply side a 0010, it was a ser 100 until last winter. I am not an oil burner guy so they had someone clean the boiler last week. They had to replace the turbulators because the old ones had rotted out. Is this common? Or do i have a condensation problem? (the temp under load is typically 145F...right there at a problem zone. Oh to be able to start again....kpc
    b_bz
  • John@Reliable_4
    John@Reliable_4 Member Posts: 101
    Options
    Not real common ,.........

to see them gone. I do see allot of them "wear-out". I think it's from high temp. that bakes them over time and they start to fall apart.only cheap metal in a very hash area. Hope this helps John@Reliable
  • kevin coppinger_4
    Options
    would there...

be a better choice for material,stainless? is there an aftermarket upgrade avail. out there? TIA KPC
  • Darryl
    Darryl Member Posts: 2
    Options

Did you install the bypass above the circulator to push warmer water to mix with the return water to temper the return or the other way?

I see alot of bypasses installed wrong and creating alot of "Thermal shock" and scaling, condensation in boilers.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    Options
    yes...

it is installed pumping away and much of the boiler supply water runs right back to the water that is coming back from the system. I t has a lot of catching up to do....kpc
This discussion has been closed.