Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DRM software

Options
Anyone use the DR-Micro fuel program. Purchased up dated version to work with our new XP computers nothing but trouble. Just wondering if any one else has this trouble.
DR-Micro told me its something in the XP operation software, wish he told me this sooner, I never would have purchased all new computers and trashed the old stuff. Getting a run-around. The older version worked great, had this program for 11 years no problems.

Thanks
Anthony

Comments

• John@Reliable_4
    John@Reliable_4 Member Posts: 101
    Options
    Anthony, you can try this.............

with xp you can run a different operating system at the same time, ie: reinstall windows 98 2000 etc and see if that works. We are trying two different oil programs rite now, Quickoil that has all the bells, such as caller id,(which brings up customer just by them calling in)dispatch,
    forecasting,etc.It also ties in to Quickbooks. We are also trying Fuel Office Manager which is also a very good program. Both of these will run in xp. I was told that most oil companies are using real old hardware and that most programs are not working with newer equipment because the software is still DOS. Look at the bright side you have 6 weeks to get it right! lol I feel your pain. John@Reliable
This discussion has been closed.