Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Att Bill @ Honeywell

per Steve Stultz application engineer for Weil McLain is a special polarized wire that is not required for the Ultra sensor. Thermostat wire works just fine.

If you have a question further on this contact



  • Andy Morgan_2
    Andy Morgan_2 Member Posts: 147
    Outdoor sensor

    I was looking at the outdoor sensor that is supplied with the Weil Ultra boiler and it says to use bipolar wire.

    What is bipolar wire????

    Andy Morgan

    R. Morgan Mechanical, LLC
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099

    Some sensors are not polarity sensitive, so it doesn't matter how they are wired, I'm not sure what they mean by bi-polar wire. Your WeilMcClain rep should be able to give you a better answer than I can. Sorry I can't be more helpful. If the folks at Weil pick this up, please post an answer here for all of us! Thanks!
  • hydronicsmike
    hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
    I couldn't..

    ...find anything about bi-polar wire, but according to their literature, I assume that they are using a thermistor type sensor. That sensor would be on what they call the low voltage side. Therefore I would be lead to believe that a standart two consuctor shielded calbe should be enough. It does not appear to be polarity sensitive, but I would talk to someone at Weil McLain about it. If Bill doesn't know, then I'd definitely wouldn't do anything until it is confirmed by them. After all, this is a Honeywell-Centra Europe control, if I am not mistaken.

This discussion has been closed.