Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Watch out for new \"Spam\" tactic

They're now figured out how to "mess" with your keyboard. If you keep "numeric lock" OFF, they have figured out how to turn it "on" thus effectively deactivating the "delete" key.

That's not TOO bad I guess, but just received one of these pieces of crap that didn't work properly and it instead deleted everything in my inbox by repeatedly "pressing" the delete key. I did get the "good" stuff back but BEWARE!

On second thought it might have worked "properly" as the delete action only occured when I tried to delete THAT message.

Neither firewall nor anti-virus reported a problem.

Comments

• Einsiedler
    Einsiedler Member Posts: 61
    rules

I've been adding to my "message rules" as the spam comes in by adding key words to the rule(s).. then the messages get deleted before I even get a chance to look at it.

Only problem is.. is that if an associate sends me an email with any of these key words in the subject line or message body, then I don't get it. But then I don't expect friends to use such words.

Its a shame the NET has become such a great avenue for these "bad" people. And those of you with the next generation cell phones will soon be seeing spammers dialing your numbers as well...

as always, we just have to adapt & overcome.

Regards,

EIN
This discussion has been closed.