Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HELP!!!

Options
Rob Garcha
Rob Garcha Member Posts: 12
My wife is about to kill me!! I'm not an A/C guy but I know that alot of you are. I went to turn on my A/C for the first time this year and....nothing. I went and chased some wires and found that on my condenser (Rheem Classic XII, Model RAJB-042 JAS) there is a part under a cover (24volts) on the top of the compressor that the silicone seal had broken and water got in and the part(?), one of the leads corroded and was shorting. What is the part? What is the part#, where can I get it!! I took the part into the local R.E. Michel's and they were less than helpfull. HELP. See attached photos. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Rob

Comments

• Flag
    Flag Member Posts: 17
    Options
    A/C

Rob,

What are you doing trying to fix your own A/C system?!! Leave it to the pros. Give me a call tomorrow and I will take of it.

-Steve

PS How's the new job?

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,535
    Options
    what

a good guy you are.
    Retired and loving it.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,189
    Options
    and

with the way he drives, he'd be there before you could hang up the phone!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Rob Garcha
    Rob Garcha Member Posts: 12
    Options
    You Are The Man

Steve, I am tooooooooo danm proud. I hate to ask anyone for help on something that I know that I "think" I can handle. The key word is "think". I'll give you a call in the A.M.. Thank god for the thunderstorms coming in that are bringing in some cooler air. (The Wife's not complaining too much).

The new job is GREAT!! I'm going to be the first builder in the local RPA chapter.

Life is good (if not a little warm)
  • Steve Thomas (Foley Mechanical)
    Options
    No a\c

Rob,

That part that you posted is a thermal switch that most scroll compressors used to have instead of or in series with a high pressure switch. Tie the two wires together that you disconnected from the thermal switch and you will have ac tonight. Be carefull it may have failed for a reason. Check your coils indoor and outdoor and your filter. Give me a call at home 703-754-9137 before you proceed.
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Don't feel bad Rob, I just had Central a/c installed in my house

that I thought I was going to do myself. I had several well-meaning friends promise to help me, but it always fell through. I even got some of the material, but soon realized that I would be putting me and my friends out. Life's hard enough, I'm a plumbing and HYDRONIC heating guy not an a/c man! rather make money or relax with the family, than struggle with something I don't really know how to do, and don't really like anyway - I'm a pipe man, ducts don't turn me on! Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.