Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Well Tanks

Options
Tony_8
Tony_8 Member Posts: 608
just pipe it in w/ a tee and an isolation ball valve (and drain !). Keep both tanks pre-charge the same and the draw will equal each other. Don't over-complicate the pipe length issue, it won't be one.

Comments

• robert griggs
    robert griggs Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Well tanks

I have a customer with a 30 gallon well tank. They want me to add another 30 gallon well tank along side this one, as opposed to installing one bigger tank.

I have never seen this done, and was wondering how to pipe them. I am assumming that they should be piped the same way as if it was two water heaters- with ball valves to isolate everything, and all piping should be equal distance so that the draw from both is the same.

Am I correct in this assumption? I also assume that the pressure charge in both tanks must be exactly the same, even though the two tanks will be from different manufacturers.

Has anyone done anything like this and willing to offer suggestions?

Thanks for all your help.

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,161
    Options
    just be sure

the pressure switch that starts and stops the pump doesn't get isolated by valves if or when you switch over from ttank to tank.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.