Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

automag zone valve

Options
john faccio
john faccio Member Posts: 1
maybe someone out there can help me. i have a client that needs 26 new replacement zone valves. he found this nice looking zone valve called automag. i have never seen them till now and i would like to know if any other contractors have used them and how did they work out for you. i would like to hear all pros and cons on them. the last thing i want is to install them and live with them for the next thirty years. he has come to terms that it is time to change his three wire flairs. but if you know where to get flair motors i'm sure he would keep them.
thanks.
john faccio
faccio heating

Comments

• nathan gugenheim
    nathan gugenheim Member Posts: 26
    Options
    where to get auto mags

call hydronic alternatives !413-543-8733 tell them hi from nathan
  • Floyd_3
    Floyd_3 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    there are better alternatives....

the Automag has a stationary seat... and if that plunger happens to go shut and emebeds a piece of dirt into the seat... you got problems.... and yup it happens alot... just shut down a boiler today.... lady calls up...HELP... I can't shut down my heat!!!!!!

She will be getting switched over to circ. pumps before the winter....positive on... positive off....positive flow through the loops.... and if one goes down you still got heat in the rest of the house!!!!

just my .02 peanuts worth
  • Vernon P. James
    Vernon P. James Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Experience

Took over big apt building couple of years ago after it was built that was plumbed constant circ with Automag zone valves in each room. 2 complaints that are constant either no heat because they are stuck and wont't open or they won't close and room is 90 plus. I have replaced approx 60 out of 200 valves in building in 2 years. When pulled apart valve to see problems found either very small amount of trash on valve seat for overheat or small piece of dirt in relief hole of soleniod causing suction and not allowing solenoid piston to move open for no heat. I have used Erie pop top for replacements with no call backs. I would stay away from the Automags
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Try Honeywell...

We offer both our conventional V8043 series, and the PowerTrak series. Available from any Honeywell Distributor, go to http://hbctechlit.honeywell.com for a tech sheet.
  • Art Pittaway
    Art Pittaway Member Posts: 230
    Options
    Thanks for the endorsement

Erie really does produce a high quality, versatile product and support it. Find us on the web at: www.invensysIBS.com, Products, Erie.
  • Ruthe  Jubinville
    Ruthe Jubinville Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Automag zone valves

Over the last several years we have used them off and on. I have never had a callback on one. In the sixties we used them on all our Tarm wood boilers because they ould open on power failure I like the currant ones because they work on regular therm.
This discussion has been closed.