Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hiya gang

Options
jerryb
jerryb Member Posts: 113
Get well soon Gary I'll drink a pint too it

Comments

• Gary Usa
    Gary Usa Member Posts: 40
    Options
    how we all doing

hiya,hope all is well with everyone out their,missing the usa loads but hope that i won't have to be in the uk for longer than is required,want to get back to work and grafting again.

I saw from one of the posts that you have been having fun with myson towel rails,they are indeed starange creatures to deal with.the cone we call them olives may be for a metric pipe,15mm,when you put the pipe in i have always put a small smear of pipe dope on the olive,or teflon and never had a problem,we never put pipe dope on o rings because it dries them out ,and causes them to perish.

the threads on the valves can also cause problems also,using brand new valves i have always done.

the cones also in the pack are sometimes for pex,the one for copper are alot softer.

it can drive you nuts sometimes but when you are leaning over next to the tub ,it just adds to the excitment.I can honestly say that i have always dealt with piping then up to the valves in around 10 minutes for the final connection and never had a problem.

what was the name of the towel rail valves ,

as you all know if i can ever help please give me a shout

all the best

gary uk
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Gary

Give us a update, please, on the progress of your health. Notice I said PROGRESS because I am hoping that the prayers for you have been working!

John
  • Gary Usa
    Gary Usa Member Posts: 40
    Options
    progress

hiya,well i haven't been able to walk very far,am housebound,went to see a surgeon by ambulance,they have found another trapped nerve in my back which is causing me alot of pain,they said the about sep/oct will be the soonest that they can do it.have been trying my very best to do as much as i can but extremly limited.at the moment the computer seems to be my only lifeline,and reading books.in the mean trying to not climb the wall,every dau as i wake i long for the sound of america,i feel very low as we all do but alas i will just have to deal with it.i am determined that it will not beat me into submiision.all i need to do now is to get better get some bucks under me belt and get the visa's and jump on the plane.

i will one way or another will get their.

this is what they have done far to my back,

i hope all is well .i wish to one day come to wetstock and meet you all,i know that when i get back to live will then book it up,better get more bucks for the beers.

please all of you look after your backs,i know when we are all hanging upside down to get to something,if one of you takes heed and just takes it a bit easier on yourself what i am going through would have been worth it,to stop someone else going through the pain i am,i know their are plenty of people out their within the trade that are doubled up in pain with bad backs,and i truely know what your going through,please be careful.

once i have this other surgery it should stop the pain in my leg and i should be away,yyyyipppppiieeeeeeee.

all the best to all my special friends.

am on the computer and please feel free to send an email if i can help or fancy a chat please give me a shout

all the best

gary uk
This discussion has been closed.