Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Not Again!! - DF

Options
Dan Foley
Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
This is a snowmelt system we are installing in a driveway in the Cleveland Park section of Washington, D.C. I got the call yesterday afternoon - you guessed it - "We drilled through your pipe". A laborer was drilling holes for a railing and hit our pipe (with 80PSI of air pressure on it). Even though I had gone over this with the GC's super and the stone/masonry field super, somehow the laborer never got the word. What do you do, post a 24 hour sentry?

Looks like I'm chipping concrete on Monday....... -DF

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=262&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    A hammer drill........

in the hands of an idiot is a dangerous, and often, costly mis-match.

When we did the Grundfos Distribution Center here in Allentown, the tube was installed at the bottom of the slab because 30' high racks would be attached to the floor. Sometime between taking the air pressure off of the manifolds and putting water in the system, someone with a hammer drill hit our tube. Now, the tube is 8" deep and it was still hit. We didn't know this until the next morning when we saw a river of water flowing out from under the slab headed across the parking lot to a drain some 150' away fromthe building. You just can't do enough to protect your work. I should get a T-shirt made that says "I see stupid people".

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Charge the contractor......

accordingly ! (since I'm a buster of chops, I'd make the chowderhead who did this make the hole for me !)

Don't be shy . The fact that the info wasn't passed on has put the onus directly in the contractors lap . Best of luck my friend .

P.S. , My favorite was the carpenter who put a pinch bar through my beautiful bathroom lay out , while truing a door . HE COULD SEE THE STUFF AND STILL PUT A HOLE IN IT !!!!) Chris
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I see

you are providing a nice dry place for the Kodak Cop to sit. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.