Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

sad day

Options
joel_14
joel_14 Member Posts: 116
I opened my e-mail yesterday only to discover a note that Richard Bilo passed away on Friday. I was speechless. Many of you may not recognize the name as Rich was a quiet guy who didn't bother with entering RPA contests and things like that, although he could have won basically every single time. He was one of the first to embrace new technology here in Mass. If you watch this old house he had done some of them the last few years. I met him years ago at Viessmann 91-92? We had all brought pictures of our work. I looked at his and thought "we're not worthy." Yet he looked at our stuff and said it was great and that it was nice to see young people trying hard to do it right. That meant alot as we where like 22 and most older guys just tried to always give us a hard time.Especially since we where doing radiant and selling those "orange boilers" Steve and I went to the wake last night and it was nice to see other wallies and so many great contractors there, including all the stars of the "This Old House" television series and lots of others. Ed Nordstrom the president of Viessmann USA. Ann from Stadler etc. It took about 2 hrs to get there and we waited about 1.5 hrs to get in because there where so many people. Hundreds of people including customers of his as well. Richard was 56. I still can't believe it.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    He was

one of the best, a good man and a fine thinker. Scott told us about our loss last week. Richard made a difference.

Beautifully said here, Joel. Thanks.

May we all live our lives with the end in mind.
    Retired and loving it.
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    As A fitting tribute....

TOH , in either rotation , or by a twist of something, started running the Manchester project that Mr. Bilo did (last year) , just a couple weeks ago.The last episode I saw , they were laying footings , so there is a long way to go .

Those that have never met Rich will be able to see the kind of TECH he was . He did the finest of work , in the best interest of the customer , and was also an old yankee , he had stuff they needed for "old fixtures" that would never be found in an ordinary setting . A true experienced craftsman for someone of few years .

Godspeed to Rich , and condolences to his family . Chris
This discussion has been closed.