Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

York-Shipley boilers

Dale
Dale Member Posts: 1,317
WC makes a nice little wall hung, take a look at their web site to see if it will fit. They use them for alot of apt. retrofits where the landlord is tired of paying the heat.

Comments

• Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    York-Shipley

Have a potential project to replace a complex full of these boilers in the midwest. I know nothing about these boilers except they are very compact and were designed for heating & H20. Is there a good modern day solution to replace these?

Thanks,

Michael Bleier
    Able Distributors
    www.abledistributors.com
    "The Supplier Who Works With You"
  • chris smith_2
    chris smith_2 Member Posts: 37
    york shipley

what size are thease boilers, they make units up to like 2000 bhp

chris smith

paradise porter maine
  • Edward A. Carey
    Edward A. Carey Member Posts: 48
    YS boilers

The YS boilers were used in many cases where there were limitations on install space. Could you please describe the type of installs you will be dealing with.

Regards,
    Ed Carey
  • john_35
    john_35 Member Posts: 29
    York-Shipley

Sounds like a Levittown-style set-up. The company I used to work for in PA was using Thermo-Dynamics CWL units mostly with Carlin EZ-1s. Is it oil-fired equip? The EZ-1s had problems with flame detachment sometimes and sooting due to off-cycle draft pulling dust into the air intakes and fan. I told my boss(es) they should have used Riellos in those jobs but they were worried their techs couldn't adjust to equip that didn't break down all the time. If it's gas-fired most any small cast-iron boiler (with a coil) would probly do.
  • MikeTH
    MikeTH Member Posts: 14
    Compact heat and H2O boiler

If the project has NG available the Baxi Luna 310 Fi could be something to look at. These wall hung combi boilers are ideal for retro fit and new construction. Visit our web site and take a look, WWW.wallhungboilers.com
    We have many projects of this type sucsessfuly completed.

Mike
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    guys

thanks for all the feedback. I am contacting the customer for more detail. Here is what I have so far...

900 sq. ft homes.
    25 inch ht. restriction
    hot water heat and domestic water production in one
    chimney vented
    natural gas

I carry the vitodens and would love to use it but the ht (36 inches) does not cut the mustard.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Bleier
    Able Distributors
This discussion has been closed.