Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mystery radiation

Been there seen that but don't remember if we ever determined the maker. Sorry but just don't

Comments

• lake nokomis
    lake nokomis Member Posts: 1
    mystery radiation

Can you help me identify the manufacturer of this baseboard radiation? It probably looks like cast iron with its grey paint, but it's definitely steel. The 0.041"serpentine fins are welded to two single-pass water chanels that are bonded to the 0.077" face plate. It comes from Minneapolis. I want to install up to 60' of this in my basement as part of my cast-iron-radiator heating system. Here are front and back pictures of a sample section. Thanks
  • Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    I think

It came from sears or montgomery ward. I did some renovation in a 40 -50's capecod style "kit home". I had to remove it because of a wall being moved and a slider door being added. I just ran modern style copper fin tube in its place [can't cut it] and left the rest alone. That was the first time I had seen it but have seen several times since. I knew the name at one time and remember seeing literature. If I find info I will post it.
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    I think they ...

will start calling Billshiemers disease. Your getting to that stage my friend ! They say the memory is the second thing to go . (backs first !)
    Just kidding my friend . I will admit to asking the guy's in my shop what color the boiler is to jog my memory lately . The stupid things we remember , and the important things we space on . Chris
This discussion has been closed.