Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

It looked like the boiler was in an armoire

Options
in Islandia , L.I . , right in the crossrods of the living room , kitchen and hallway .

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The Peerless WBV3

just barely fit back in there . This one was a knee killer , I couldn't even ride a bucket in a semi-comfortable position . We tried to keep it service friendly , but theres no getting around where the nozzle and pump are situated . But it should be easier to work on compared to the old unit .
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Shoehorn INDEED !

Those were the style of most of the "Campanelli" homes (same boilers too)built in this area. Most of the boilers sat between the kitchen and living room , with a brick kneewall to the right and a cabinet to left. The chimney entered at the height of the boiler + a 90° elbow. Nasty stuff them slab houses !

Most boilers are now located in what was the garage, much like yours, using the attic and thresholds for pipe chases . Ron , nice job . I must admit ...I don't miss them a bit ! Chris
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    All Hail...

The Lord of The Installs...

The Sire of Solder ....

King Shoehorn of tight space ...

Keep posting those pictures Ron and show the rest of us how its done. I am allways impressed with your work.

The Nave of neatness ...

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    The last line speaks the truth .

The knave of neatness....

I'm working on it ! Coming from the basement to the forefront is quite a challenge . I shall do my best . (Ron and you other "masters of install" will have to be the jury.)

I ask only for the "privilage ,of a bit of time" .(we'll show em' boss!). Chris
  • Unknown
    Options
    High praise

coming from the best in New England . I wonder if Campanelli and Levitt were related ? Thank you Chris and Scott , I really appreciate your feedback . Now if I can get my supervisors to check the pics out ........ ?
This discussion has been closed.