Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wondering about a luxpro thermostat psd150?

Options
David_5
David_5 Member Posts: 250
Robertshaw battery operated thermostats will still turn on the heat if the battery goes dead. The temp maintained is fixed, maybe 45 I can't remember. Luxpro may have the same ability.

David

Comments

• robert_5
    robert_5 Member Posts: 5
    Options

My employer just recently purchased some of these thermostats,they are non-programmable and use two aa batteries,I have tried to check on this kind of thermostats with the company but have not been able to reach a real human being there.My question is if the batteries wear out does the heating in the house shut-off?
    We do alot of second houses up here in vermont and this would be entierly out of the question if this would happen,any suggestions also
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    one way....

to find out...pull the batteries out and see what happens...kpc
  • Paul Fredrick
    Paul Fredrick Member Posts: 1
    Options

yes, if the batteries die, so goes the heating: the thermostat relies on the battery power both for its own internal electronics as well as to power an electromagnetic relay used to switch on your heating system. If the batteries die, the unit cannot function (sense temperature) nor can it turn the heat on. Average battery life for an alkaline 1.5V cell is a year or more.

You might try the following: 1) use a long-life 1.5V lithium batter (thermostat probably takes 2), 2) make it a point to change batteries (use fresh alkalines!) every year, or every time you visit, 3) (difficult) wire up an AC powersupply in parrallel with the batteries. Then batteries only drain when there is a power failure (and would still drive thermostat for a year or more).

Hope this helps.

-Paul
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    LuxPro

Has been showing up at one of my suppliers, also here in N.E.

Do they have another line that uses 24 volts. Maybe this is the least expensive model. I was told they where a good unit, but you bring up a good point.

Anybody out there use Lux ? Whadaya tink ?

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • robert_5
    robert_5 Member Posts: 5
    Options

just wanted to thankyou all for helping!!!!!
    Being a first level apprentice I crave the knowledge that you guys have!!!!
  • maine rick
    maine rick Member Posts: 107
    Options

not the same but if this helps , i've installed 3 Medallion digital thermosts in my house to try them out uses 2 AAA batteries- has a low battery indicator with a built-in freeze protection thermostat, preset to 41*F , protects against freezing if batteries fail.
This discussion has been closed.