Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Moron Boiler Sizing

Options
Mike Rapp
Mike Rapp Member Posts: 1
Why is it that in this day and age when methods of heating structures with hydronic heating systems which by the way has not changed too drastically over the passed 150 years, there are still so called plumbing and heating contractors that will replace a boiler without considering in any way, quantity or size of connected load piping or radiation? Huh?
Does any one know how out of three (3)bids a residential housing complex with fourteen (14) apartments got two (2) bids for a replacement boiler qouting a fabulesly oversized boiler and one (1) bid, from yours truly for a replacement boiler sized for the connected load?
I cannot explain to my hopefully soon to be customer why the other two banana's simply walked up to the old boiler with a flashlight, read the name plate on the existing boiler and then qouted a price, this after some other banana removed the tankless domestic water coil from service a year ago by installing his own idea of a domestic water heater (I'm not even going to go into how that was sized not taking into account 14 showers, 6 commercial clothes washers and the hose bib connected the DHW for the occasional car wash!)
I feel better now, writing this was good therapy
This discussion has been closed.