Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating a bathroom but lack of space for BB???

Options
anthony_7
anthony_7 Member Posts: 72
I dormered upstairs and put in a bathroom 7 X14. I have lack of floor space with fixtures going in TUB, SHOWER TOILER VANITIES ETC. What is an inexpensive alternative to use instead of BB on the floor as I have no room. I priced the kick space heaters and they are pretty pricey.

How about something else?

Comments

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options
    Wall-Hanging Steel Panel Radiator?

by Runtal (or others)?

If tying into an existing one-pipe system pay particular attention to your incoming/outgoing temperatures lest you overheat/underheat the space or (worse) starve whatever follows in the loop. (Have heard that kickspace heaters are particularly difficult, or nearly impossible, to add into an existing loop.)
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Bathroom heat

Anthony, Baseboard is the least expensive alternative to heating your bathroom. If a toe-kick heater is too pricey then you have pretty much ran out of options already. You could put a electric heater in, but you will find that the cost of operation makes that toe-kick look pretty cheap. Also the toe-kick would be easily incorporated into the existing system. Hope this helps.
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    What about radiant anthony?

Can't beat it for comfort and space-saving Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    How much space...

do you have? if you only have 2 feet try some high output baseboard. ex. Sterling Senior. 750btu /ft vs stndard baseboard at 600btu. If all else fail get it in the back area of the toilet...not my 1st or second choice. but sounds like the budget is very tight...kpc
  • R. Newton
    R. Newton Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Baseboard

With some baseboard you can install two tiers of fin tube...did that in my bathroom with about 2-1/2 ft. of baseboard space, & works fine.
  • R. Newton
    R. Newton Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Baseboard

With some baseboard you can install two tiers of fin tube...did that in my bathroom with about 2-1/2 ft. of baseboard space, & works fine.
  • bob carey  -midland,mich.
    Options
    lack of space for baseboard

cast iron tub ? we have installed bare element behind the tub, which heats the tub, which heats the room. just a suggestion. bob
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    but a good...

suggestion nevertheless.....kps
This discussion has been closed.