Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pda

Options
Jim_47
Jim_47 Member Posts: 244
Guys and Gals,
IS there anyone outhere using a PDA or a Pocket PC for point of sale receipt printing for service?
Here is what we should be able to do: Pick parts from a list and plunk them into the bill. Choose an hourly rate and then input start and stop times ( the software should be smart enough to realize a 1 hour minimum charge or bill for travel. Fully configurable labor billing). Calculate tax rates for several communities. Communicate by irda or serial cable.
Stuff that would be real cool is if the electronic combustion tester would IRDA communicate with the PDA, then when the PDA prints out the bill the combustion analysis data is included on the receipt. Any help or info would be great. Did I miss any features? Like printing out a parts list to restock the truck? Track mileage of the service van. etc etc

Comments

• John@Reliable_2
    John@Reliable_2 Member Posts: 104
    Options
    PDA on the road

I don't think a pda would be able to handle it. I'm just starting to use a laptop mounted in truck with a full printer and converter to run it all. This way I can also have maps, parts list, troubleshooting all with me. Can even do quotes without leaving, hopefully it works out. I found my pda great for phone numbers ,address but not much more.John@Reliable
  • John_21
    John_21 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    pda

I also found that my pda was a good phone and address book.We wrote a pricing and est program, though that it would help with invoicing. Screen to small and program to large, was always scroling allover the place. Am looking at tablet pc for the trucks. John
  • The Alchemist
    The Alchemist Member Posts: 1
    Options
    pda

Try this company
    http://pgsoftinc.com/
    We use their QuickBooks mobile. Good program haven’t tried their new program pocketbooks but they have a free trial download at their site.
This discussion has been closed.