Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

r7184's installed on weil mclains

Options
bill w.
bill w. Member Posts: 1
ever install a weil mclain gold in where the factory
r7184 is in place..??
be sure to check for "resistor" factory installed (what were they thinking anyway???) you "MUST " remove (cut-off) factory installed jumper if it is a steam system or else the burner will run indefinetely !!!!
in the instructions they give you a tiny piece of paper (they should simply put a sticker on the damn control) with the other peperwork as a addendum..?????

Comments

• Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    That's old inventory

because the resistor is gone because most of us don't read!

It would have been even smarter for the OEM's (more than one) involved to have ordered the right control. When the resistor is on the R7184 and connected to a B1-B2 terminal it's the nuts!
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    R7184 Weil OEM resistor issue

I had posted instructions concerning this both on "The Wall" and on OilTechTalk. Those controls were intended for steam boilers, once you remove the jumper it should work fine. Sorry I missed you on this. If you'll email me your address and tell me how many techs you have, I'll send you some R7184 instruction sheets.
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    You know this brings up

An ongoing gripe that I have. All kinds of this stuff happens. The manufacturer makes a change or brings a new product to market and the guys who work daily with that product or piece of equipment are the last to find out about it. Many times we're not aware of a change until we open a box in the field and find that someone has thrown a curveball our way.

So. where's the disconnect here? The one between the maufacturer and the end user? Whose responsibilty is it to let us know about these things and what can be done to improve the situation? Are the distributors dropping the ball, distributor reps? This situation REALLY chaps my hide!!

I would think in this day and age of liabilty it would behoove manufacturers to maintain a data base of contractors. These contractors would be automatically updated via mailings or e-mail, dog sled delivery.... ANYTHING. Just please let us know somehow!!

(Bill this isn't directed solely at Honeywell. No-one at the manufacturer level seems to understand the magnitude of this problem.)
  • BillW@honeywell
    Options
    Disconnects with contractors

> An ongoing gripe that I have. All kinds of this

> stuff happens. The manufacturer makes a change or

> brings a new product to market and the guys who

> work daily with that product or piece of

> equipment are the last to find out about it. Many

> times we're not aware of a change until we open a

> box in the field and find that someone has thrown

> a curveball our way.

>

> So. where's the

> disconnect here? The one between the maufacturer

> and the end user? Whose responsibilty is it to

> let us know about these things and what can be

> done to improve the situation? Are the

> distributors dropping the ball, distributor reps?

> This situation REALLY chaps my hide!!

>

> I would

> think in this day and age of liabilty it would

> behoove manufacturers to maintain a data base of

> contractors. These contractors would be

> automatically updated via mailings or e-mail, dog

> sled delivery.... ANYTHING. Just please let us

> know somehow!!

>

> (Bill this isn't directed

> solely at Honeywell. No-one at the manufacturer

> level seems to understand the magnitude of this

> problem.)

Sometimes this happens. Honeywell makes every effort to keep the field informed, and we are working hard to improve that, too! Thanks for the feedback!
  • BillW@honeywell
    Options
    Disconnects with contractors

Sometimes this happens. Honeywell makes every effort to keep the field informed, and we are working hard to improve that, too! Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.