Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bill @ Honeywell

Options
sootmonkey
sootmonkey Member Posts: 158
Bill, Hello, I am full of dumb ideas. Here is one of them. Could an aquastat be made with all of the wireing termanals external of the control? For instance, the 8124 would come from the factory with all the conections pre wired to a female "pigtail". (like on utility trailer hook up). Then field wire the boiler components to a male pigtail. My reason for this is my fat fingers, limited space in control box for wireing and I think my idea would make life easier. Your thoughts?

Comments

• sootmonkey
    sootmonkey Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Bill @ Honeywell

Bill, Hello, I am full of dumb ideas. Here is one of them. Could an aquastat be made with all of the wiring termanals external of the control? For instance, the 8124 would come from the factory with all the conections pre wired to a female "pigtail". (like on utility trailer hook up). Then field wire the boiler components to a male pigtail. My reason for this is my fat fingers, limited space in control box for wireing and I think my idea would make life easier. Your thoughts?
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Prewired controls

Thanks for the input! We are using the "universal" philosophy on many controls like our R7184U oil primary, S8610U gas ignition and R8845U universal relay. The whole idea is to simplify service and consolidate inventory. I will pass this info on to the guys in the market, whose job it is to develop/improve products. I welcome feedback from the field guys "in the basement", keep it coming! BTW, field tech's ideas aren't dumb. Give yourself credit, you work with these things daily, and know what makes your work life easier!
This discussion has been closed.