Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cool Story

Options
Bryan_5
Bryan_5 Member Posts: 270
I just came accross a neat little story in a book written by Brian Tracy called Focal Point. This is a motivational type book that shows you how to have a better life, make more money etc. Its a great book I recomend it.

The story goes like this and I am paraphrasing here.
There is a nuclear plant that is having a problem and has to be shut down. They need to get the plant up and running ASAP they are loosing millions everyday its down. So they call in one of the top consultants in the country. He flies in and spends 2 days walking around the plant. At the end of the second he goes over to this gauge and takes magic marker and puts a big X right accross it. He says this is what needs to be fixed. He packs up his stuff and heads home. The plant had the gauge fixed and sure enough they were back up and running.

A couple days latter the plant manager gets a bill from the consultant for $10,000. He says wow thats a lot of money. So he wrights back to the consultant and asks for an itimized bill. A couple of days go buy and the Manager gets a new revized billing. $1 for the X and $9,999 for knowing where that X goes.

Charge what you are worth.
Have a great weekend
Bryan

Comments

This discussion has been closed.