Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

the new poster

Options
Mad Dog
Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
Got the new poster up in the Barn already to keep the level of pride up. The only thing I would leave out is "...but never know my name." I guess I'm a ham, but I always sign my work. Thanks Dan, we love it. Its there for little Matt to see. He already has been out on several calls with me at only 3 1/2. If he's smart, and only if he really does love this trade (I hope), he'll be on the cutting edge15-20 years from now. Many in our trade refuse to let their kids get into the trades - not me...it's all how you percieve it and the public will follow. L'il Matt and Barbara went by the Blackman/Mineola showroom last saturday to pick out fixtures for the house. Gene, who is one of the sharpest counter guys on Earth and funny as hell say's: "...is this your boy? What's his name? OHHHH Matt Jr.? ( I guess Gene knows me well)....Don't you bring him into this trade!!!!!!...Hey Matt, be a doctor...be a lawyer, but don't you even think of bein' a plumber!!!!!!!. My precious little boy, stubborness from his German Background and the qiuck mouth of the Irish, replied, for the whole store to hear: "NO!!!!!!!! Mister!!!!!! I gonna be a plumma!!!!!...." Everyone cracked up and Gene walked out shaking his head and laughing. Funny thing is, I don't encourage it at all. He sees Papa goin' out on calls and wants to tag a long. Time will tell, but you would n't believe the knowledge of him already - he can even say carbon monoxide. Mad Dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=210&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    I love this story

Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    and i noticed

that you have the important phone numbers up next to the poster ;-)

Chuck

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • J.C.A._2
    J.C.A._2 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Some wiseguy....

Wouldn't "fess up" to putting a couple of booger ridden pieces of copper at the top of the poster in the shop yesterday. My guess is that they just don't get it !

Hey Chuck.....PRIORITIES MAN ! Chris
  • Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    good looking kid there

when I got my poster my 4 year old said, "That will be just like me and you Papa, wiln't it?" I said yep! and scooped him up for a hug.

I have had him on jobs since he was 6 months old. Today I needed a 12' piece of 3" PVC. I mentioned it and next thing I knew here he came dragging it by one end! Love the little guy!
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Love the story MD

My son would be good if he got in the trade. He's a teenager at 13 now and he has started the phase where he knows better than me when it comes to pretty much everything. I just smile and call my Dad to let him know I love him, ( and without saying so thank him for putting up with me when I was a teenager) When I get my son to come out on the job with me to help he trys to act bored but before long he gets sucked into what's happening. If he heads this way into the trade I think he has natural insights and would be good. He's going to be a big boy too. It would be good to have him help with carrying boilers out of basements.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Yeah Chuck! Ciro's pizza

is reeel good - like it used to be in Brooklyn. MD

This discussion has been closed.