Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Antartica?

Options
JoeC
JoeC Member Posts: 43
Would truly be interested inhearing from anybody who did a stint with the National Science Foundation or private ventures in Antartica.

Comments

• ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    antartica

i posted a message to a guy in antartica last september asking him to visit here and at oil techtalk.com so far he has not responded he had visited hvactalk.com back in september but has not posted any messages since then

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    Late 1980's, early 90's

At one time I owned part of company which supplied several Thermomax Solar Collector Systems and assorted heating equipment to a project in Antarctica...Vision Wall from Edmonton,Alberta supplied the high tech windows and ATCO Trailers from Calgary,Alberta provided the buildings.

Unfortunately I was just involved in the front end of the project as I had sold my shares in 1991, just as the project was being shipped out the door. I once tried to chase down some feedback through Thermomax...never did hear how the project faired.

RB
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've had...

1 RRCC student, one RPA student and an employee all of who did a stint down there. One of them used to work on the hydronic heating systems. Scarry stories about knocking mamoth ice chunks off the flue pipes, and chasing glycol leaks on systems spread out all over the place.

What a great place to check the performance of heating systems eh...

It takes a special kind of person to do that kind of work, and I don't think I'm THAT kind of person.

I'll see if I can scare them up.

You thinking about going Joe?

ME
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    what would ...

be the design temp. for a building down there? Here in NH I figure -10F...is it more like -110F there? kpc
This discussion has been closed.