Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Alternate construction

Options
Steve Ebels
Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
Does anyone know of websites dealing with alternate styles of construction for residential housing? Specifically harsh climate, concrete and European type methods?

Sven, Oh guru of the internet, are you out there?

Comments

• Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Brian (Tankless) Wood Member Posts: 222
    Options
    Hi Steve

Check out "Maxx" at Google.

One of my "Seisco" cust's built her home that way, and has had the utility co out to check her meter because her cooling bills are so low, true.

This is almost the strongest, quietest house I've ever been in.

The strongest and quietest is the Monolithic Dome home I helped to build. Incredibly strong, inflated membrane on the outside, four inches of sprayed on foam, then rebar, then four inches of shotcrete on the inside. No down-time due to weather, ALL work is inside. She is also a "Seisco" customer, and NEVER had a bill over $100, it's 2,200 sq/ft all electric home, is only 60ft from a MAJOR hwy, and while you can see trucks go by, you can't hear them, awesome.

The site is www.monolithicdome.com besides being geniuses, these folk are the nicest, most dedicated you'll ever meet. David South is the owner. If you contact them, please tell him Brian Wood in Lake Charles said hello.

His site is awesome.

Take care out there.

Swampster.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Brian (Tankless) Wood Member Posts: 222
    Options
    You have mail

Steve.

I sent you a page from the "Dome" site. I attended the 5-day workshop in Italy TX. with the guy (Glenn) who owns this underground home. He's a very unusual but extremely smart fella, with an "interesting job/lifestyle".

Domes are the way to go.

Swampster.

• Greg Swob
    Greg Swob Member Posts: 167
    Options
    here's two

www.sipweb.com & www.icfweb.com

These may not be what you're looking for, but alternatives such as Structural Insulated Panel & Insulating Concrete Forms are their topics respectively.

Greg
This discussion has been closed.