Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1-1/4 pex tubing

Options
Ed cousins
Ed cousins Member Posts: 1
Anyone know where I can buy 1-1/4 pex tubing on the east coast. Thanks Ed Cousins

Comments

• kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Big pex

When I bought some here in Nebraska, I think they actually had to import it from Sweden. I had to get the brass compression by pipe thread couplers to use on the ends too. The book shows propex rings for 1 1/4, but I guess you need a big power tool to use.

The compression type worked real well, but now in retrospect, I should have done a minitube type of system to supply that manifold.
    If you need it now, or if you are using this in a radiant heating application, maybe you should consider another option. Or maybe someone out east stocks it.
    Kevin

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • stevel
    stevel Member Posts: 25
    Options
    pex

Check out your Rehau distributor they will be able to get some 1-1/4", and the fittings fairly quickly.
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    Big pex

What I have done in the past is run 2-1" lines and tied themtogether at both ends. Tubing and fittings are readily available. Don't know if that helps. I would hate to have big pex and find I needed 1 more fitting just to wait for transcontinental shipment. Good luck. Let us know if you find large pex.
This discussion has been closed.