Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I will never complain...

Options
Steve Ebels
Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
For two days now. He appears to be smiling. Hard to tell really.

Why is he smiling? My guess would be because someone stopped him and said they'd like to take his picture. This obviously brought some pleasure to him. That makes me sad. The concept that someone....anyone would go to such lengths to gain some attention or positive vibes.... I don't know........ We all need attention or, love in other words. Some of us choose to act out in ways that we get the attention we crave no matter what the consequences are. It makes me sad that this guy feels he has to resort to self mutilation to make people respond to him.

I guess once I got over the initial shock, the main thing I feel for him is pity for his condition, sorrow for the things that must have brought him to where he is. He's been added to my prayer list.

As for comdemning him, that's wrong. The Bible story of Jesus rebuking the preachers of his day comes to mind. When they brought a prostitute to him expecting judgement he replied, "Let him among you who is sinless, cast the first stone". Then He turned around to the prostitute and said "Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more".

Seems like it fits here.

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    a Parent's nightmare??

I will never complain about MY kids again!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Tony_8
    Tony_8 Member Posts: 608
    Options
    kids

I've seen that pic before... Shows a lack of proper guidance by the parents. If you don't try, you have no right to complain about behavior.

You reap what you sow.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    All ready

for the curtains!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Brian (Tankless) Wood Member Posts: 222
    Options
    That is

the saddest photo I've ever seen. It makes me cry it's so sad. That is a lost, lost person.

I can't even look at again.

Brian.
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Hmmm

Must take him (her?) an hour to prepare to wash his (her?) face. If he (she?), oh hell, if it ever washes!
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Hi, ....

I've made myself highly unemployable, isn't it great !
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Do you really

think it's that simple Tony?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The same with the opposite of beauty.

Isn't it just great to live in a Country that allows so much, with or without parental approval.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    the circus

has an opening
  • MikeB34
    MikeB34 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    wow

Must be hell to go thru airport security these days...
  • nick z.
    nick z. Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Worse..

than him being my own kid would be him, coming to take my daughter out on a date.When she starts to date I will faithfully clean my gun in my underwear whenevere her dates show up.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Looks like he.........

suffered from Severe Acute Lackofhugsitis when he were a lad. I must go hug my kids now...............

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• David Sutton_3
    David Sutton_3 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    thats one that got away...

i am a royal ranger cmdr. and i teach kids and i have 4 of my own, there is one important thing i teach to the parents of these kids,..
    kids will got to where the excitment is... but stay where the love is.... i thing there was more love with his freinds than at home :( ...
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
  • Tony_8
    Options
    yes

I'm pretty sure it's that simple. This IS a great country w/all it's freedoms but that doesn't excuse aberrant behavior. Social mores are supposed to be passed from generation to next, when they are not, things get all "willy-nilly". I've dealt with kids from 5-20 for most of my life through LL and BSA among other organizations and found that these types are mostly looking for the attention not gotten at home, even after this type of rebellion they usually don't get what they crave and need. The kids with the good parents don't do this type of stuff. One of the best highs I get is when a 30-something former problem thanks me for showing them the way. Doesn't happen often as I'd like, but often enough to know it was worth it. Now you know my "other occupation". No more soapbox.

Like Dan says, "Hug your kids"
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    I agree with you

but also disagree. If life was only so simple.

I feel sorry for that young person with the "odd" behavior but I would never blame any parents without knowing the facts.

I do hug "my" kids and the best part-they still hug me back.
  • Wayne_12
    Wayne_12 Member Posts: 62
    Options

I have to agree with your message. Thanks,
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Awe Life!

There is so much
    good in the worst of us
    and so much bad in the best of us that it il behooves
    any of us to talk about
    the rest of us. il means "never or not"; behooves has
    several meanings:
    Advantage, profit, necessary, fit, or proper. And so
    you see that to talk about
    others gives neither the giver or receiver an
    advantage or profit and is never
    necessary, fit, or proper.

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Sorry

I agree with the hug your kids group.

Thats a cry for help.

Scott

• Tony_8
    Options
    That

fits for gossipers, which this is not. Society with no standards isn't societal.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Brian (Tankless) Wood Member Posts: 222
    Options
    You're so right Scott

That young girl (narrow shoulders give her away) is screaming, crying for love & a hug.

Brian.
  • Steve Minnich_1
    Steve Minnich_1 Member Posts: 127
    Options
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Well said,

Reminds me of a song called Don't laugh at me.

Don't laugh at me, Don't call me names.
    Don't get your pleasure from my pain.
    In Gods eyes, we're all the same.
    Someday we'll all have perfect wings.
    Don't laugh at me.

I'll pray for him / her, No problem! Doesn't mean we have to agree with their style. Someone wants attention really bad and you all gave it to him / her. Congrats! him or her you win here!

IMHO Bud (TheSheetmetalShop.Com)

Just for the record, there is a group of songwriters (if you call it song writing) by the name of ICP which stands for "Insane Clown Posse" I only know this because I raised four teenagers and I spent a lot of time showing them how negitive this particuler group as well as others are. It is not and never will be allowed in this home!

• Patrick_18
    Patrick_18 Member Posts: 1
    Options

What does ICP have to do with this??
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    judging book's by their covers

I must say the look is'nt my cup of tea.And as a father of 2 thankfully mine are not into heavy metal:).My daughter is doing some piercing but not to that scale(thank you).

But fellas this guy is obviously into something the "norm"is'nt.But why not?What gives you the right?His face.This guy might give you the shirt off his back.Go ahead and roll the eyes.But thats why he's doing it.Planet earth is small enough as it is.IMO it's just not fair judging someone withoutta leg to stand on.

There's probably someone of the oposite sex that would have a magnetic draw to this guys face ;).Hopefully it wo'nt be my daughter!!!:)........throwing stones is easy!

cheese
  • munchkin-man
    munchkin-man Member Posts: 247
    Options
    The mind is a terible thing to waste

That is a man. The natural hair line and the adams apple proves it. Can you say he need's to make a statement because his parents did not listen to him?? Who are my parents any way??? Can not remember all he know's is pain. Saw the special on this guy he is a cycological mess a toss up between liking pain and needing attention. Sad I am so humble right now.
  • Bud_14
    Options
    Hery Patrick...

Just brought up icp because he remined me of them.

Bud (TheSheetmetalShop.Com)
  • ScottMP
    Options
    blue cheese

Mike, I don't think anyone is saying he's a bad person. Just that we think that if anyone would do that to themselves there has to be some sadness.

To do somthing like that, he must not like what he see's in the mirror.

Hug your kids ? Damn right !!

Scott

• Jack Smith
    Jack Smith Member Posts: 53
    Options
    27 posts

I just got done reading all the posting on this pic. I can say that I am surprised once again at just a few of the comments. I am thankful for this great country God has allowed my family to live in. Freedom, what an awesome responsibility! Anyways, getting to my point, judging people is one of those responsibilities that God gave us and led by example. Does anybody out there really believe that just because we call these people freaks and weirdos, that we come to there aid? Judging is okay, but it must be voiced also, especially to those that we are judging( in the proper manner). How else will they know, if no one tells them?
  • ScottMP
    Options
    interesting Jack

I just read those post again and I did'nt see those words used anywhere except in your post ?

I don't mean to sound agresive here, it just interesting how we percieve things differently. What I read out of these posts is alot of fathers who felt that with some love and attention, the young man would not feel it necessary to abuse his face so badly.

I read one post that said he would not want him dating his daughter and I took that with a tongue in cheek.

Once again those on the wall have shown me why I come to this site. The majority showed concern for this young man. We all have our opinions, its just tough to make them sound right on a monitor.

Scott

• Tony_8
    Options
    exactly

Thank you for saying what I could not find the words for. My posts were not cutting down the person behind the jewelry, but bemoaning the situation that got him there. The posts about not judging people are well answered by yours. I will save it for future reference.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I knew a guy

years ago,who got drunk and had sex with a parrot..I wounder if thats his kid?????
  • Patrick_19
    Patrick_19 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Not even close, they wear clown make up. I agree with Cheese, some of the nicest damn people I have ever met would give you the willies by looks alone. Why does this person have to be sad?? Maybe this is his passion. I always find it funny that the people who claim to be religous seem to be the most judgemental, just because someone is different.
  • Bud_14
    Options
    Ok

I was trying to focus what was beyond the face, Mearly stating he reminded me of the group ICP. If you have ever heard the lyrics of those in ICP songs, you too would realize there are different types of clowns. While some clowns do it for others have a good time and smile, other clowns do it to hide from whatever and / or infilct pain on everyone around them. Sorry, for bringing the word ICP up...I'll think i'll just head back to the bench now :)Have A Great Day...
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    Options
    Quite the photo -

God loves her!
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Absolute FREAKAZOID.........................................

oughta be taken out back and ....hmmmmm oh well whatever floats yer boat. mad dog

• Dave Palmer_3
    Dave Palmer_3 Member Posts: 388
    Options
    if

only he had gotten a copy of The Lost Art of Steam for Christmas that year..........
  • leo g_44
    leo g_44 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    in some

parts of the world, this person would blend in the crowd. think of some of the abo cultures. rings around the neck to elongate the neck, plates in the lower lip, and yes, even what has been described here as self-mutilation, a lot of jewelry inserted into the body.

as einstien use to say, relativity is from where you veiw the object.

leo g
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Has anyone here

talked to this person? Be hard for me to judge or offer an opinion without learing more from a good chat.

If in fact attention is what this person is looking for, what they have chosen to do sure is working! They made it to heatinghelp.com :) Maybe we are lookig at a future doctor or president!

Seems like the level of attetion getting feats has notched up a bit since I was young. Ever seen the show ****? Some extreme feats there to get on TV! Look where Ted Nugent ended up, a well written hunting and firearm spokesman.

hot rod

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.