Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prayers

Options
ken D
ken D Member Posts: 60
Combined with prayers, trying to get this book to Holly's parents might help them through their daughter's situation. I thought I'd be crying for sadness, though I did cry for sadness, but was in awe that the loving husband was able write about his beloved's death with such hope! There was joy in my heart at the same time my sad tears were coming out of my eyes. Amazing. Nothing in this life happens without God's permission (see Job chapters one and two). Please consider it. It might help them through this.

Christian books. com
Homeward Bound: Preparing Your Family for Eternity
By: Edward Hartman
Type: Trade Paperback
Number of Pages: 240
Vendor: Christian Focus Public
Publication Date: 2002
ISBN: 185792682X
UPC: 9781857926828
CBD Stock Number: WW2682X
Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.31 X 0.61
Retail Price: $12.99
CBD Price: $9.99
You Save $3.00 (23%)

Availability: In Stock

Description: The concept of dying well has been very real to Ed Hartman since August 1995. Hartman was studying at Westminster Theological Seminary, California and had just discovered a treatise by the Puritan author William Perkins on the "Right Manner of Dying Well." This discovery was no accident, as it was a matter of minutes later that Ed discovered that his wife, the mother of their four children, was not at all well. Amy Hartman was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which after six months of much prayer, and great heartache, proved to be terminal. With this traumatic experience behind him, Hartman deals with the topic of preparing your life, and the life of those you love, for death in a practical and thoroughly Christ-centered manner. Hartman looks at our most important relationships, with God, with our spouses, with our family and with those around us. He shares with us the advice of Perkins and other Puritans who lived in a time that had a much healthier attitude towards, and much closer relationship with death.

Comments

• Kelly Holohan
    Kelly Holohan Member Posts: 14
    Options

Hello everyone,
    As I'm sure good old Dan has mentioned, I am teaching in a very disadvantaged area of Dublin, Ireland. Two wonderful teachers at my school have recently received some awful news. Their six-year-old daughter, Holly, has a rare form of cancer that started as a tumor in her stomach and has moved into her lymph nodes. She is being tested further today to see if it has spread elsewhere, and will begin intensive chemo this week. She a bright, beautiful, spunky little girl from a wonderful family. All her parents keep asking for is prayers, and I figured the Wall would be a good place to find the prayers of a lot of good people. Please keep Holly and her family in your prayers this week and in the difficult months ahead.

Thanks so much.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Thanks, Kelly.

I love you.

Folks, hug your kids. Do it today, and again tomorrow, and every day. Tell them you love them, no mattter what.

And thanks for the prayers for this family. I met them when I was there in January. Wonderful, caring people who are giving of themselves to the world. I pray for them. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    We take so much for granted

You came to the right place for prayers. They have mine. May it all turn out well. WW

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Hope and prayers

to Holly and her family.

Such a simple wish with, hopefully, a huge result.
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options

Kelly, You have my word as soon as I finish writing this I will enter into prayer for Holly, her family and the medical staff over seeing her needs. I'll pray that our heavenly father would bless her with his healing power and love. May God be with them all and may he bless you Kelly for brining this prayer request forward.

Respectfully,
    Alan R. Mercurio
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    Options

Prayers are always answered, sometimes yes,sometimes no and sometimes wait,be patient.

We ask God almighty not to wait on this one. Lord help this little one...
  • Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    You can

count on a few going up from my little corner of Colorado.
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Life is precious

Never take any moment with your children for granted. My world revolves around our children -- and always will. I too, will add a prayer.
  • Tom Meyer
    Tom Meyer Member Posts: 300
    Options
    Humane concern runs in the family.

It's plain to see Kelly is just like her Dad. Genuinely concerned about the people around her and making a positive impact on each life she comes in contact with.

Our prayers and thoughts are with Holly.

Senior Designer/Trainer
    Precision Hydronics Corporation
    www.precisionhydronics.com
  • Kelly Holohan
    Kelly Holohan Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks

to all of you. Holly and her parents are waiting for test results on her bone marrow and she started chemotherapy today. I saw them on Saturday and, though they are all exhausted and very upset, they have great faith and hope and a whole lot of strength. For a six-year-old, this kid can put up a fight! She's annoyed at this whole thing and is even kicking the doctors. Keep praying - I'll make sure they know that you are.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • John@WattsRadiant
    John@WattsRadiant Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Count us in

Our thoughts and prayers are with Holly and her family
    John @WR
  • munchkin-man
    munchkin-man Member Posts: 247
    Options
    Not only a prayer for this presiuos one but also

a gesture of kindness and concern. Kelly I have two children of my own I had a close one with my second. I felt so all alone; it was all on me. The people who came to my side to offer the love and hope that all thankfully worked out brought an energy I can not explain but only know from my hart. If this issue needs a doner please let me know I would be honored to go get tested to see if my marrow could shed even a glimmer of hope at a local medical institution. Hopefull????
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Please

some more prayers for Holly and her family. It's in her bones.

God bless the child.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Suffer the little ones...................

Mr.Cook,

I am honored to know you.

Kelly,

That little girl is at the top of my prayer list.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    She's in our prayers...

Bud and Family
This discussion has been closed.