Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wirsbo load program

Options
Wayco Wayne
Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
I would call Wirsbo, however. I have recently got the latest version of the Wirsbo Heat Loss program. Everything seems to be working fine except..... The water temps they are suggesting for my loops are wacked. My job i'm putting together needs 19 btuper sq. ft. for plates and they are saying all I nee is 112 F. I can look at the chart in the book and see I need at least 140 F. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this problem. The big question is can I trust the other parts of the program esp. the number of joists and lecgths of tubing. I can do it by hand but then why bother tto play with the program??? Ah poop!(sorry)

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Extruded or stamped?

Wayne,

If it's extruded plates, trust the 112°. The stamped plates will be substantially higher.

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    have you

checked insulation values? wall thickness and type? floor type and covering? I've never had your experience with the problem you describe...usually it's how the data is entered and/or the default settings that need to be set up.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Options
    Check................

Check what your outdoor design temp is set for and your delta T. I emailed Tim Doran,(Wirsbo Tech Director) a while back and requested several things.

1. Notify what the changes are when revisionsupdates are made with ADS so that we can change our design parameters if need be.

2. I would love the ability to save my custom database to file so that I can include circulators, boilers, air-mgmt information with their corresponding specs and load them for my contractors with their net prices. It would really be a benefit to all parties involved.

Back to the ADS software, you can adjust several things in the design parameters. I would agree with Mr.Pollets though, it usually is something small and easily corrected.

PR
  • Wayco Wayne
    Options
    The plates are

the extruded type. The chart in my Wirsbo manual must be for those old style wirsbo plates made from aluminum foil. (practically). Thanks for clearing my mind up on this. Only 112 F for temp requirement really rocks. I'm trying to talk the HO into a condensing boiler. He'd really save at those temps. WW

• Wayco Wayne
    Options
    Paul

Love your idea for the custom database. I called back when I first got the new program and asked if I could delete stuff like the uncoiler and tubing cutter that should not be in my bid every damn time and they said, no, but they were working on it. Progress comes by millimeters at a time it sometimes seems. WW

This discussion has been closed.