Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TriangleTube and Wirsbo ProMix 101

Options
Kerry DH
Kerry DH Member Posts: 1
Hi,
Has anyone had experience connecting a Wirsbo Promix 101 to a TriangleTube direct fired W/H? I am considering it but I feel like it might get too complex. For example, the Promix 101 has a couple of contacts to "drive" the boiler. I understand that the 101 will not call for the boiler to start until it detects that the water temp starts to fall (i.e., the 101 tries to use the heat that is existing in the boiler). This would not work for a our situation - since we rely on a good supply of domestic hot water.

Basically, with the TriangleTube and the 101, we would have two thermostat inputs that need to be "driven" by one thermostat. I am sure we could figure out a relay - but then again that just starts adding components.

So, I would appreciate it if anyone has any experience with connecting a 101 (or some other similar component) to a TriangleTube.

Bottom line, I would like to set the heating water temperature based on outside temperature. I am not locked into using the Promix 101.

Thanks, Kerry

Comments

• kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    what is..

the aplication? Radiant floor injection? Try the Taco PC705. kpc
  • Chris Maderia
    Chris Maderia Member Posts: 120
    Options
    ProMix101

I take it we are taling about an Oil-Fired Heater here. Your understanding of the ProMix is a little off though.

The boiler or any hot water heat source is going to fire anytime it drops below it's low limit. The ProMix has no control over that. What it does do is protect your heat source from cold water returning back to the boiler. When the return sensor senses cold return water it disables the primary circulator, fires the boiler and allows the by-pass circulator to take hot water back to the boilers return until it satifies temperature need and then allows the primary circulator to fire. You can simply disable this in your case you don't need it. Just turn the dial off.

I would recommend to you that you set the low limit on the aquastat on the Phase III at least 20 degrees higher that your design water temp out to your radiant. I also would recommend that you use a heat exchanger so that you can seperate your domestic hot water from your heating system. Why? How about Legionella for starters. Enough said about that. If you decide not to use the heat exchanger make sure you use bronze pumps.

• Chris Maderia
    Chris Maderia Member Posts: 120
    Options

This discussion has been closed.