Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

R.I.P. Avs (Sorry ME)

John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
First my Wings and now your Avs. What's next? A Wild vs. Lightning final? Think I'll take a nap.

Comments

• Thats what I get...

for dancing on the graves of fallen Red Wing fans.

Karma bites.

ME
  • PJO_2
    PJO_2 Member Posts: 36
    Could I balance the misery....

with the good news of my Flyers? Three out of the last four years didn't make it to the second round, but just completed the most exciting series I can remember. Also, it was the second longest in history.

How about 78 shots by one team in one game? How about double O.T. twice and triple O.T. once? Then flying back to Philly and playing the next night after the last double O.T. game...and you Wallies thought you worked a lot of hours last week?

End to end action, tons of hitting, a few fights, a 6-1 pounding to finish it...and the fastest team sport...wow!

Now if they can only win another round...we can hope, can't we?

Take Care, PJO
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    hockey pucks

Who cares who wins. The Bruins got what they deserve, that's all that counts.
    Maybe Harry Sinden should go in net next year and see if he can do any better!!!At least all the other teams have a front line goalie!!!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Bill @ Boro
    Bill @ Boro Member Posts: 27
    NYI

How do you think I feel with my Islanders taking what seems to be twenty steps backwards? Of course my season tics will go up again, fowards not backwards!!!
  • The only good thing about the Av's loss...

is that I won't be spending time up late watching OT games, nor will I be wasting Saturdays watching them.

Ahh Spring... Time to start thinking about goin' fishin', eh Yates?

ME
  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 237
    No difference to me.

I understand that this is a tragedy for the NHL. All of the original 6 are out. All the 'big" cities are out. Television ratings will be poor. The marketing dept. probably wishes they had spent a little more on teams like the Wild and the Lightning. But if you like hockey, there's still plenty left to see.

The team that sells the most tickets doesn't always win. The remaining teams are the ones who beat these teams. They have earned their positions and deserve to be where they are whether we know the players' names or not.
  • Go Wild!

Here in the Twin cities, We could not be more excited about the Wild. After an eleven year drought of playoff Hockey, and having the North Stars kidnapped, we are fortunate to have a new team with excellent management from the top down. A new arena second to none. Even the standing room area has a great view. With the Wild in its third season, making the playoffs was great, to defeat the vastly superior in talent Avs was too much to even hope for. The tv ratings for game seven were a 24 share, with a peak of 39. Not bad for a 9 p.m. start, and atimberwolves /Lakers playoff on also.
  • Wayne_12
    Wayne_12 Member Posts: 62
    gotta to agree with Tim

I don'f follow the sports much, but there is a lot of talk this week about the Wild.
  • leo g_38
    leo g_38 Member Posts: 3
    you gotta laugh

at the canucks/wild series. the two teams payrolls don't even surpass that of the avs, let alone the blues!!! this should be fun, 2 teams that fought back from 3-1 deficits!!!

trhe best part of round one (aside from the rangers not even making it!!) was watching the maple laughs collapse in the final game!!! what a hoot!!!

friday can't arrive soon enough around here!!!

leo g
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    I could use some fishing......

today, while heading back from our Lighthouse Radiant job in western PA (a three hour drive each way), I heard the announcement over the radio regarding a student killing a high school principal in the Red Lion (neighboring town) school district. My sister-in-law teaches in that district & I was worried. Nextel call to Lois confirmed it was their school, but that Elaine was ok - or as ok as one can be under the circumstances. Code Red lock down took place, meaning no one moves. Classroom doors locked, shades drawn, quiet, & stay that way until someone comes to the room. Abject fear because no one knows what's gone wrong. My brother's secretary's sister hid beneath her desk for three hours and found out from her daughter by way of text messaging on her cell phone that it was ok to come out.

This has got to stop. Week & 1/2 ago it was a good friend first, then a 16 year old killed in a car accident - took an hour to get in the church dur to the crowd - then came a suicide by another 16 year old in my son's class whose funeral was yesterday & now this today, a kid who, by all acounts, was doing well in school - on the football team - popular - pulls a gun and shoots the principal in front of 450 other kids, two of whom that were within a few feet I know, and then turns the gun on himself. One of those two kids was one of our Scouts and he helped to get others to safety this morning. My sister in law is devastated. Me too. 2 weeks, four lives, no answers.

Yup ME, I'm ready for some fishing. I drove past some breathtaking trout streams this morning in western PA.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Wow...

I hope your luck gets better.

ME
This discussion has been closed.