Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How do i find and check my aquastat on my boiler?

Options
Joe.G
Joe.G Member Posts: 213
What should it be set at?

Comments

• BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Aquastats

Aquastats are limit safety devices. Unless you are an experienced contractor or heating technician, DO NOT try to adjust them. You will cause an unsafe condition or damage your boiler. Call a pro, try the "Find A Contractor" feature above.
  • Joe.G
    Options

BTT
  • Joe Grosso
    Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Hey Joe

I have seen your questions on aquastat setting here in the last couple of weeks.Please do not take this wrong but you do not know what you are playing with and spend the money and have a pro come and check your system out for you please.Do not want to see someone get hurt.
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424
    Options
    I agree.......

If you don't know what an aquastat looks like, what are you going to do when you find it? They are not located in the same place on every unit, and the settings are often different depending on what you have. The aquastat may or may not have anything to do with your problem. What is the problem?
  • Joe.G
    Options

I don't want to play with it, I would like to just know where it is and see what it is set at jus t for my own info or maybe I can post it on htis board and you guys can tell if it is set right, I have a box on ht eside of my boiler that looks like the termostat for my hot water (gray honywell box that is set at 140) But I can not get to it to easy becasue it is off to the side and my boiler has a metal box around it.
This discussion has been closed.