Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mr. Bean my \"unofficial\" Danfoss response

Options
Mr. Bill
Mr. Bill Member Posts: 71
The strong response to Robert’s departure from Danfoss was not unexpected. In fact I would have been extremely disappointed if it had not happened.

The one thing that every who has seen Robert in action one can agree upon is that his vision, enthusiasm and passion for our business is absolutely inspiring. I include everyone at Danfoss in that statement.

We at Danfoss were proud to be able support Robert, not only in promoting our own products, but also in promoting the future of our industry. I know that his seminars have touched many of you personally as well as professionally.

I have worked with Robert very closely during his tenure and have seen many qualities in him that one cannot help but respect. One of these qualities is an unwavering commitment to his principles regardless of the consequences. This is a personal choice, which at times can lead to conflicts in life and business.

I will in no way belittle Robert’s contribution to Danfoss, however Robert had a great team behind him to support him and the products he promoted. This has not changed, and in fact the team continues to grow.

Can we duplicate Robert? Could you duplicate the “Mona Lisa”? The answer is of course no! We are all, like original works of art unique. We will make sure we have people in place to carry on the work Robert has started, and while they may not be Mona Lisas’ we may learn to appreciate them on their own merits.

I encourage everyone who has developed a friendship and relationship with Robert to maintain it, it is well worth keeping. I intend to maintain mine. I encourage Robert to remain active in our industry, to continue to challenge and inspire us.

I ask that you continue to judge the Danfoss Heating team on their own merits. On our ability to provide the goods, services and support you need to grow your business. I also ask that you give the many other great people on the Danfoss team a chance to earn your respect and friendship.

We will continue to expand on our ZCP program and other new initiatives we have started to work with some of you on. We will continue to invest in our own growth and the growth of our industry. We will continue to work hard at earning your respect and loyalty.

If any of you have specific issues you need follow up on please e-mail me at bill_willemsen@danfoss.com

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,537
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time

to post here, Bill. I've been a fan of Danfoss since 1971, which was the year my former employer began to represent them. I have the highest regard for the company and for its products. I've toured the plants in Denmark and I've been impressed.

What Robert brought to the dance, however, was leadership and an extraordinary vision of the future of hydronics in North America. Not only did he see it, he also had the ability to express it in words that often approached poetry. He fired our imaginations and he inspired us to try new things. There aren't many in this business who are capable of this. Robert is.

I don't know what the corporate difficulty was. He hasn't shared that with me, other than to say that it was a decision made on principle. I respect that.

I don't think he can be replaced, though.

Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,537
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time

to post here, Bill. I've been a fan of Danfoss since 1971, which was the year my former employer began to represent them. I have the highest regard for the company and for its products. I've toured the plants in Denmark and I've been impressed.

What Robert brought to the dance, however, was leadership and an extraordinary vision of the future of hydronics in North America. Not only did he see it, he also had the ability to express it in words that often approached poetry. He fired our imaginations and he inspired us to try new things. There aren't many in this business who are capable of this. Robert is.

I don't know what the corporate difficulty was. He hasn't shared that with me, other than to say that it was a decision made on principle. I respect that.

I don't think he can be replaced, though.

Retired and loving it.
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    I second that Motion, Dan!

This man is a living, breathing, industry GIANT - a treasure if you will...Danfoss is NUTS to let him go...It's not too late to rethink things @ Danfoss! Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    You can lead a heatboy to hydronics........

I must say that when I received the e-mail yesterday about Robert’s departure, I wasn’t surprised. When you question authority and the status quo, there is a tendency to have a bull’s eye placed on you. I am proud to call Robert a good friend and nothing will change that no matter where he ends up. Gentlemen like Robert are few among many.

That being said, Robert brought me to Danfoss products, but the products make me stay. The Danfoss products I have used to date are unsurpassed in regards to quality and the ability to help me grow my business. I trust that these products will not change so I will continue to offer them to my clients. They have always been rock solid in performance and consistency. If things like this change, I will re-evaluate my position on Danfoss products.

Robert, thanks for all of your help and guidance both professionally and personally over the past couple of years.

Warm Regards,

Jeffrey

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.