Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Erie Zone Valves

Options
Hi fellas!

Anybody familiar with Erie Zone Valves?
Would they be considered a high quality valve?
Any problems eith this valve?
I prefer Taco, but my new Employer sells and installs Erie Zone Valves, which I am unfamiliar with.
He claims they are a good valve. I don't know.

John

Comments

• Techheat
    Techheat Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Tried them

a few years ago. Every last one has now been removed, bad end switches and stripped gears
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    I have a few........

in the field with no issues, to date. They are both the two way and three way varieties. Right now, Danfoss has the highest quality zone valve I have used. Very low current draw, slow opening and super quiet.

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• John G. Merritt
    John G. Merritt Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Danfoss

Heatboy!

You've got me interested. Any model number for these Danfoss valves? By the way, good picture.

John
  • Art Pittaway
    Art Pittaway Member Posts: 230
    Options
    Yep, we had problems.

Lost some really good customers, mostly because the production was moved and there were problems. Today the Erie line of Zone valves are built in northern Illinois at the Invensys Building Systems plant in Loves Park (Rockford). The line includes 2 and 3-way valves and 2-way,or modulating actuators. Many options, excellent wholesale distribution, and some great features. Visit our web sit at http://www.invensysIBS.com/ select Erie under products.
    Art
  • bill clinton_3
    bill clinton_3 Member Posts: 111
    Options
    Erie zone valves

We installed thirty or forty. Never again! They stuck open. Tried unsticking,silver king, etc: no go. I figure Erie owes me about three thou for labor.

Bill
  • Pat Clark
    Pat Clark Member Posts: 187
    Options
    Erie Zone Valves

We have been using them for about 3 years now. No problems at all. Also using the VL500 Zone Control Panel and BB1200 Outdoor Reset control. Some problems with ORC, but not as much as we have experienced with other brands. We are pleased with these products and so are our customers.

Pat Clark

Bell Plumbing & Heating / Anchorage
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Danfoss ZVs

John,

The 3/4" union bodies have a part number 013G804400 and the 4 wire 24 VAC power heads have a part number 082F108900. I'm really not sure if they have a number for the entire assembly. Give these numbers to your Danfoss rep or if you are on the East Coast contact Bill Burton in MD at 443.956.9266

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• John G. Merritt
    John G. Merritt Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks fellas for input

Hi fellas!

Thank you all for your input on Erie Zone Valves.
    Thanks Heatboy! Another good picture.

John
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    knock on brass

I'll bet I have used close to 100 Eries in the last 8 years. So far no callbacks. Can't say that about the previous HW brand.

I'm liking the Danfoss, also. Only drawback is the WAIT. Seems like it takes an hour to cycle on/ off a bunch of them to test or troubleshoot. Feels like an eternity sometimes :) The new pop up indicator helps a lot.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    ZV Problems

Back 10 years or so, we got a batch of bad motors from our supplier. We did offer replacement motors for those effected, and I haven't had any complaints since. Sorry you had aproblem, and it probably occured "before my time here", but you can now use our zone valves with confidence.
  • Plumr
    Plumr Member Posts: 3
    Options
    customer service

I have used several erie zone valves and control boards, and liked them. One time I needed to ask a simple queation about an outdoor reset control board. I called them up and the guy who I talked was suck a total jerk-off I couldn't even beleive it. Needless to say I will never buy another Erie part, If one fails it is getting replaced with another brand.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Yeah, before your time

Bill, but it was more than motors. There were also problems with the gears and the way they meshed. And, as always, it wasn't so much the problems but the way HW handled them.

The old "Queen of da Nile" trick again.

I'm glad to see you have a concern in changing that "old world" HW thinking :)

Thanks

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • bill clinton_3
    bill clinton_3 Member Posts: 111
    Options
    HW zone valves

Gotta tell you, Bill you guys replaced motors for the full one year warranty period. Period. After that it was ts. Most of those motors lasted about 1 1/2 year. You lost me for good.

Bill
  • BillW@honeywell
    Options
    Motor problems

The program I spoke of was used mostly in the area I have direct responsibility for(NY Metro, North Jersey, Long Island, Orange, Rockland, Putnam, Westchester) Where are you located? I'm sorry you had such a problem, but you can be advised it has been fixed, and Honeywell is firmly committed to providing quality products and the service to back them up.
  • BillW@honeywell
    Options
    gears

I forgot about the delrin gear issue. That's long gone, and we're back to brass. If you are interested in something other than the V8043 family, check out the VC series valves. They use a tapered plug design and a choice of actuators. A little more money, but a true premium product.
This discussion has been closed.