Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant floor picture request.

Options
Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
Some of you have sent pictures of radiant floors done with sleepers and plates. I now am looking at a job that could use such a set up. If any of you have any pics, could you re-post them please. WW. Thanks in advance.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,193
    Options
    Over a slab?

or wood framed floor? This is 1" blue foam and plywood strips over a slab. These are Radiant Engineering's ThermFin U Fin. The carpenters even rabbeted the strips to allow the fins to set flush with the strips, nice touch.

It could also be done with C fins below the plywood strips. A little better heat spread but a bit slower recovery, I've found.

Dollarwise, I'm not sure the ready made systems aren't about "sixes", depends on the labor hour charge to build your own, and the complexity of the room. The fins allow you to use any 3/8 or 1/2" tube, which is a plus in my opinion.

If you make it to the RPA this year the infared pictures really show the difference between different methods of installation.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Nice work as usual

How did the carpenters rabbit the wood so the plates could be even. Amazing stuff. The job I'm looking at has floor joists over an existing slab bringing the floor level up to the rest of the houses level. The General wanted to just do sleepers but lots of glass in the room. Plates would be advised. Still waiting on the blueprints to do a heat load and make it official. Thanks, Wayco Wayne

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options

I wish you luck with the project. One thing I would consider is having an independant contractor blow in insulation between the joists so that once the radiant is installed, the heat goes up instead of up and down!
  • Bob M.
    Bob M. Member Posts: 7
    Options

Why don't use the RAU-PANEL by REHAU works great on slabs and walls.
  • Michael_6
    Michael_6 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    radiant floor

The Dry panel by Rehau will be by far the easiest and most efficient way to install either over a framed deck or directly on a slab.
This discussion has been closed.