Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

one shoe

Options
Patrick_12
Patrick_12 Member Posts: 1
I know that if you are on the turnpike going to Ohio from Pennsylvania lay one of my shoes. Was a long weekend, took wife and kids into the mountains to get some dirt riding in, WHAT A BLAST!!! Anyhow we were exhausted on the way back. Well you guessed it, had to open the door to get t-pike ticket (hauling trailer with 2 3-wheelers, 1-quad, 3-dirtbikes, 1 mini-bike and all the gear - the scale must have thought i was a semi and spit the ticket out of the top) did not realize until we stoped for a restroom break that I only had one shoe. Man that ticked me off, new Nike's and only have one left. I called the t-pike comision and they were no help. Live and learn.

Comments

• Dave Palmer
    Dave Palmer Member Posts: 186
    Options
    why....

do you always see a shoe on the road every couple of miles?Wheres the other one? To much time on the highway this week makes me think of these things,sorry.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    I'm wearing

the other one.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark A. Custis
    Mark A. Custis Member Posts: 247
    Options
    Dave:

You are my mentor on this one. Why is it only one shoe?

How do you loose just one shoe? One glove I get. I wear a lift in my left shoe due to an accident. Sooo, I always wear both shoes, and I can not think of missing one.

Dave you may need to go home and get some sleep.

Where is the other shoe? Maybe thats what "they"mean when they say: "DROP THE OTHER SHOE".

Way to go Dave, I know I am not crazy,

Mark

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    You know

the old axiom Dave, if the shoe fits------------
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    I didn't want to say anything but....

I noticed that your shoes NEVER match!

I just figured it was some "artsy author" thing and never mentioned it.

Thanks for clearing this up!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dave Palmer
    Options
    my

folks would've killed me if "Ma I lost my shoe" where? out the window of the car going down the highway. That would go over big. Dave
  • Dave Palmer
    Options
    at

least he's not in his slippers
  • Dave Palmer
    Options

throw it out the window?
  • Dave Palmer
    Options

throw it out the window?
  • Pat Clark
    Pat Clark Member Posts: 187
    Options
    one shoe

There are those people who lose 1 sock in the laundry. I wonder if when that happens, they just throw one shoe out on the road so that everything remains in balance. . . . .

Hmmmmmm. . . . . . .

Pat
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    For what its worth...

I've got a WHOLE bunch of answers (links) to one shoe situations...

Thank the internet for google!!

http://www.geocities.com/kin865/

And while we're on the subject, how do matched pairs of tennis shoes always end up strung up on a telephone wire in the middle of the street, eh??

ME
  • Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 186
    Options
    the reason

Bear with me on this one.

Some people are large. So large, that they can not see their shoes. Sometimes these people will accidentally step in doggy doo-doo. But how does one know for sure when you can't see your shoes?
    So.. what they do.. is kick off the suspected dirty shoe to get a better look, and if it is in fact covered. They will just leave it there where they left it.

Thats what I've heard anyway..
    ~
    Terry

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Speaking of driving

(Loosely connected)

Two questions:

1 - Why don't people turn on headlights in foggy weather?

2 - Given the option of pulling into a parking space and winding up with your car facing the lane (pull out), why do people stop and park their car in a position where they have to back out? (Thought provoking)

Bonus question: Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
  • PJO
    PJO Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Shoes and phone wires...

Happy Friday Wallies!

I have seen kids take their old sneakers and tie them together...then toss them up at the wires until they get hooked. I think it's an urban thing...don't see it too much around me.

I guess it's a way of leaving your mark? Kind of like portable grafitti? Why don't they just send those sneakers to Goodwill?

PJO
  • Jerry Boulanger
    Jerry Boulanger Member Posts: 31
    Options
    A classic one shoe story

I saw a guy on the street who only had one shoe. When I told him him he'd lost one of his shoes, he broke into a wide grin and happily announced that he had, in fact, found one!
This discussion has been closed.