Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thanks again

Options
jon
jon Member Posts: 17
I just want to reiterate that this is a great site with a vast amount of knowledge from each who contributes. My wife and I began a long time ago trying to figure out the best way to solve a heat problem (we also had a cooling one but did not use this site for that purpose). As we got closer, it still required trust on our part and further details of what to do. Not solely, but in many ways, we looked to www.heatinghelp.com for answers. We got some and I want to point out a well-deserved thank you to three individuals---Art Pittaway and Steve Levine (particularly helpful to me) and Frankie Sev (particularly helpful to my wife). All three went above and beyond in their willingness to offer insight, honesty and expertise to us. And though some of it was a bit over our heads, a lot made sense and made us more assured as we made long-lasting, expensive decisions for our home. We made corrections to our boiler and supply pipes, piped for an indirect WH and installed radiant heat below 450 sq ft of a wood floor. We had some cold weather in RI (even though work was completed in March) to see that things are more comfortable. Our contemporary designed home may always be a bit difficult to heat and cool but I think me made major headway. I think what you are all doing is terrific and invaluable. I know the purpose may not have been for homeowners like me to drop in and get your expertise, but many of you are gracious enough to offer it. Last but certainly not least, a bunch of gratitude to Dan Holohan for starting, running and maintaining this site. I can't say enough, but thanks again to you all.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Thanks for that.

Tell your friends!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Bryan_5
    Bryan_5 Member Posts: 270
    Options

Jon,
    I couldnt agree with what you said more. I to am a homeowner and have found this site to be invaluable. I had a few very basic questions that I needed help with and got them in a short time frame. The trouble with steam is there not many people with the know how and expertise. Before I found this site all I had was a big old boiler in the basement, that cost me a pile of money to run.

But after finding this site I have found that it isnt my boilers fault or my system's. It just wants to be loved and taken care of. The problems I have had, I beleive have been taken care of. I dont know what the value of what I have learned here will save me in dollars and cents. But I can tell you that it is probly alot. After learning about insulating my pipes that alone will probly trim a good chunk off of my heat bill.

I have already ordered a couple of books from this site and have not been able to put them down. I love the way Dan puts a difficult subject in an easy to read and understand format.
    Also Dan the mini rocket is an absoulte dream. I didnt need the full size rocket but I should have ordered it anyway. I am betting that $4.50 tool will save me hundreds of miles on my car. I am not a very good guesser and now I wont have to be constanly returning incorect parts.

Thanks again for everyones help. Thank you Dan for providing an absoulutly priceless service. And all of the homeowners that may read this please support the contractors that advertise on this site. If we dont this site would not be able to exist. This may be a lost art but if we stick together and when the guy that may not understand our system says to convert it to hot water. Turn to our friends at heating help and I am sure they will be able to provide you with a better solution. Lets turn the Lost art of Steam Heating into the Revitalized Art of Steam Heating! Thanks again
    Bryan
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    I like that.

Thanks!
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.