Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot water Heat (Jamie)

Options
Jamie_6
Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
I am looking for the nicest low profile hot-water (baseboard) you guys have ever seen! Not cast iron and not copperfin! I would also like to feed it off of manifolds.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• brian e. may
    brian e. may Member Posts: 1
    Options
    dividing a loop

i have a three zone baseboard hot water heating system. one zone has only 2 kick space heaters on it. i have added a small air handler for a converted garage and have sufficient boiler size. can i split this loop (the air handler is 7 feet above the kickspace heaters) into two loops to handle both applications from one thermostat? will the water take the path of least resistance and circulate only through the lower kickspace loop?

brian
  • Ben_3
    Ben_3 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    Low profile

Jamie, I use Ryntal when ever I can, It's sleak and very nice looking, they also have a variety of different types of radiation. Easy to install, watch out for their rad valve though it dosen't work with your typical valve wrench, It's shaped like a hex head and I use to use a big allen wrench to crank it in. Works best on it's own zone. What do you mean by manifolds, in the boiler room or what? I like to always pipe things in a monoflow if I can, I find it easier to hide one pipe then 2 or more. If your going to put alot of baseboard in it will work better in a series loop from one room to the other.
  • Ben_3
    Ben_3 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    zone loop

Bryan, you could split it if the pipe size and pump will handle that additional load, It will also need to have special care in how it is piped to ensure they heat correctly. More info please, then we might be able to tell you if you can make it work.
This discussion has been closed.