Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The drought is over, the drought is over!!!

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
how are the snowmelt systems keeping up? :) I'll bet even class 3 systems struggle with this much snow.

hot rod
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Major snowfall hits Colorado...

It's official, the Governor has just shut the state down. Essential personell (snow plow operators) only required to report for work.

I'll take some pictures later to show you the scope of the storm.

Sounds like a good day to stay home and get some writing done...

ME
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    I was

thinking of you while waking up to the weather report this morning. They said you'd had up to 36" in lower areas with up to 57" in the mountains. You asked for us to send you some eastern snow & I couldn't help but chuckle. Glad that's going to alleviate the water shortages you were facing.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    NO tis not

We here, 500 miles west in Salt Lake City, got our usual "trace" of moisture. Just some cold cloudy days and enough rain to barely wet the streets. It is our fifth year of not enough rain and so far there has been only 68% of normal water show up this winter. Anyway, I hope Denver and suburbs have enough water, and that the Colorado River can refill some of the big resiviours. Mead, and Powell are down a long way. bigugh
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bliz Pics

Here's some freshies of the freshies:-)

Never thought I'd have to dig a path out to the back yard so the animals could releive themselves...

TLLA just told me that at least 17 flat roof porches have collapsed at the mobile home park her mom lives in. At least three major buildings have collapsed under the weight of the snow in the metro area. And its STILL snowing!!

Enjoy!

We are...

ME and TLLA
  • Duncan_2
    Duncan_2 Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Moby **** is beached on my deck!

Got a thirty foot long, five foot high drift on the deck.

No groaning or creaking sounds yet, I guess it's gonna come down all at once. Hey, might need it for firewood next month if this keeps up.

I'd call in sick, but no-one answers the phone.

Sure is quiet here in Teller County! (YES!!!). Haven't seen a snowplow since it started. Meanwhile, Crested Butte to the south hasn't had a snowflake.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Did you see the weather system ???

One of the locals on TV described it as a snow hurricane. Last night, it had tenacles reaching clear back to the Gulf of Mexico and was pumping moisture up and throwing it at the east face of the Rockies like there was no tomorrow. At this rate, the may NOT be a tomorrow tomorrow...

Good to see you Duncan. Tommy lost a big time bet with our director, Will. Tom said it wouldn't drop more than 6 inches. The director was calling his wife and telling her to stock up on food, water, candles etc... Looks like Toms going to be buying lunch for Will for a week!

ME
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Hey ME

how come you didn't uncover the daffodills?

Looks like you got all our snow in one storm. We'er at 105 inches (and counting?).
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    Glad you got some moisture...

to bad it is all coming at once.... It's amazing, you were just talking to me Sat. night about all the people geting fined for washing their cars!!! Guess you got to be careful what you pray for!!! :-)
    Heard on hte news today that DIA was having roof problems, that would be a major headache if they got shut down for any length of time.....glad WSII was last weekend.

Sit back and relax!!!! Looks like you aint goin' no where for awhile!!!!

Floyd
  • Duncan_2
    Duncan_2 Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Big time bet...

Pretty sure of himself, huh?... Does that mean he sold his snowblower last month?

Yeah, saw the moving map on msn.com. It DOES look like a snow hurricane. With Denver right in the middle! How will they get rid of all that snow? We're at about three feet and counting. Still! Forty eight hours of snow. BRING IT ON!!!

Hey, as long as the liquor cabinet doesn't run dry, and we haven't eaten the snowshoes...
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Mark....

Glad to see the snow "finally happen" . I wish we could have trucked ours out to you this winter .

Be happy! At least it will buy SOME time on the drought front, but also beware . We were going like this for the last few years and it is just now getting to the point that the authorities are thinking it might be O.K. to use water as usual.

Tight abs, back straight and shovel away ! (thank the good lord it's not me ....again!) Chris
This discussion has been closed.