Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

to ISH or not to ISH

Options
joel_14
joel_14 Member Posts: 116
That is the question. I've waited years to go. It never worked out for me before despite having been asked by some of the factories in the past. Too busy, familly problems/sickness etc. Now I'm finally going and we have a politcal mess. anybody else have cold feet???? Anyone back out? opinions please!

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options
    Gone ISHing

I'll see you there - unless I'm quarantined! Traveling via Singapore Air, the same airline that saw an entire plane quarantined along with a ferw of its passengers. Kinda ironic that I'm slated to do a presentation on bugs at the RPA convention and now headed into the malestrom!

Then there's the pending war. Not exactly the best of times to be traveling, especially considering the raft of poop being dumped on allies like the Germans.

No matter. I'm still going & looking forward to being a kid in a candy store emporium of hydronic wonders. See you there!

What the hell. Once we sit down together and share a nice German beer, I suspect we'll find we share much more in common than at odds. Simply trying to do the same things - making ends meet, raise our kids and doing the best at what we do - PHVAC work. The rest is up to those I have no power or influence over.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    I am GOING

Just another example of not letting them win by changing our lives.

Ya, its a tough time to be going. I have also been waiting years to go and as Dave says, be a kid in a candy shop ( I'll try not to look to wide eyed ). I also have reservations about going. My wife has a woman in her business who's husband works for the state dept. She has asked him his advise and as soon as I hear I will post his response. Remember we are not going to the middle east.

Remember and keep our young soldiers in your hearts and minds. They are true heros.

Scott " pilsnor" Milne

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Check Out...

The "Home of the Future" to see where technology is heading. Hall 8 (the boiler arena) can be intoxicating, but the Plumbing and Fixture Halls are just as exciting. The Opera House at the N. end of MessaFrankfurt, is where Grohe, Hansgrohe and other large manufacturers display. Highly recommended. I always stop in the Grundfoss stand to lobby for "smart pumps". This is the first time since 1993 that I'm not attending. Have to move to a new shop on 3/28. Be safe out there...

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gotta

like Singapore Air. They save money on stewardess uniforms. One size fits all. They treat you real good.

You will get a kick out of the show. The booths will blow your mind. Just don't buy the book. Get the CD. And. There are free brewskis everywhere. But, I saw no one who had overindulged. The wonder of it all seems to counteract the alcohol. Or. As Herr Weber told me, "We don't kill our beer, like you Americans. That's why there are no problems afterwards."

Save some time for sightseeing. There are as many castles or castle ruins, as fast food joints here. Many of the older buildings were there long B4 we became a nation. And. It seems that every 3rd storefront contains a Bierstube. Guess that is why there are over 2,000 breweries in a country the size of Texas. No. We won't be able to drink them dry. Tried that.

It's gonna be a great trip. Should I bring my Stars & Stripes Tie?

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Go...

and take the lovely Erika with you, and spend an extra week kicking around Europe to see how "the old country" lives. You will not regret it.

BTW, the last time I was there, we had just started dropping bombs on Bosnia. There was a BIG protest by some Germman hippie types in the town square of Heidelburg. Neil Greene leans over to me in a bar and sez "so were from Canada, eh..."

So, you from Canada eh??

ME
  • Howard
    Howard Member Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm going with Viega ISH tour

Of the people attending ISH, how many are going with Dan, how many with Viega, how many other groups and how many solo? It might be fun to meet up somewhere at ISH. Maybe a semi-impromptu hour of Wetstock 2.5 over some domestic German beer!

(using edit button) Should we bring our FRS walkie talkies?

Howard Hansen Service Technician Extraordinaire
  • ScottMP
    Options
    I say yes

I am going with Stadler-Viega, and would love to meet up with you guys.

Come on, how about the Viessmann booth at 1:00 pm Friday.

Scott

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    What part

of the Viessmann booth. It's as big as Rhode Island.
    Retired and loving it.
  • ScottMP
    Options
    How about the part

That looks like Woonsocket.

I don't know Dan, you've been there before, any chance for us to hook up ?

Scott

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Viessmann

is in Hall 8. You can't miss it. It's almost as large as your basement.

Friday at 1 PM sounds good. Within the vast Viessmann booth there will be an information stand, peopled by about 100 Viessmann employees. Let's look for each other in front of that stand. I'll be the guy with the hangover.
    Retired and loving it.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options
    reluctantly

I will force myself to leave the shower hall(G).

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.