Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

referencing boilerpro's orifice question furthur down

Options
the orifice size to edr square feet for a given vapor pressure? i was thinking these could probably be made with copper shim stock if the measurements for the holes in the radiator valves orifice plate were known.

Comments

• Boilerpro_3
    Boilerpro_3 Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    I think I know someone that does

and I may have it here somewhere. Making them might be the easiest answer instead of buying,like you were saying.

Boilerpro
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    cool, if you can dig it up somewhere

please post.
  • Ben_3
    Ben_3 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    orfices

Most of the books I have state that with vapor {.5 psig @ the radaitor @ 190 will be 185 btuh/sq. ft. edr for the rad.size} you should only allow 80% of what the rad. can condense i.e. 100 edr should only allow 80 edr into rad to ensure no steam in return. you could even size the orifice to the rooms heat loss as a % of the edr. Dan's book lost art 2 has an old trane heatloss for vapor and vapor/vac. systems complete w/ pipe sizing it's great I have used metal and drilled a hole to size and put in union so they can still throtle valve down like a true vapor. Good Luck
  • Boilerpro_3
    Boilerpro_3 Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Will be working on it , but off to Chicago first

And the person who I believe has just left for Vegas....It will probably be few weeks before I find it....Maybe I'll find it in Chicago.

Boilerpro
This discussion has been closed.