Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Warmboard Pros and Cons--Does anybody have any comments?

Options
I am thinking about using warmboard for hydronic installation in a 3800 sq. ft. two story house. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Sure could use helpful comments -- good or bad.

Thanks.

Comments

• Dennis Bellanti_2
    Dennis Bellanti_2 Member Posts: 36
    Options

I have warm board in my bathroom. It responds quickly. I have an area near the toilet that I routed the tubing away from to prevent heating the wax ring. The heat only moves about 6 inches away from the tubing, so when you take a sit down, one foot is warm and one is cool. The one real drawback is that you are limited to 12" centers. If you have one room with a high heat loss you may have to use a seperate mixing device to provide hotter water to that type of area.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,226
    Options
    It's been good to me

I have a 4 year track record withthe product, including running through one of the coldest winters on record inmour area.

I have used it with carpet, tile, and various wood floor products. Initial planning is a big part. Complicated floor plans or angle walls take some fore thought.

Involve the framers early on in the decesion, the brunt of the work falls into there area. It spreads heat as well as any dry system on the market, in my testing, and the ramp up time is second to none with the solid aluminum layer.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.